Ion said Blitz will be the default of RBGs

Maybe a celebration is in order? I don’t know, but I like this song!

1 Like

It’s about damn time.

Battlegrounds are the PvP equivalent to raids, NOT arenas.

Arenas are more like M+, because it’s always a small amount of people in a small area.

Battlegrounds were always the superior form of PvP in an MMORPG, not some small-scale deathmatch room that doesn’t even allow for all specs to play, like tanks. They actually have a purpose in battlegrounds.

4 Likes

I feel this is very optimistic.

I don’t know what it’s like on the NA realms, but over here in Europe you constantly face premades in 40-man Alterac Valley. If people manage to get premades into that, they’ll have no trouble forming premades for RBGs where there is actually a strong incentive to do it.

1 Like

Yeah sorry i meant in normals. Our Epics have pre-mades. But thr Epics always feel like fate. I cant really swing the balance, even as a healer.

I feel epic battlegrounds are 100% all about which team is more geared.

If I see more than 10 people in PvE gear, I’m likely going to peace out because that means 25% of our team is going to get steamrolled quite easily.

I also look at the average amount of HP my teammates have, it’s a good way to tell. And then I’ll look at the enemy’s hp.

Behind that, it’s the amount of healers a given team has. If Alliance has 7 healers and Horde only has 2, chances are Alliance is coming out victorious.

Yeah, it’s pretty much a total coinflip.

Premades as well.

Rarely, the battle becomes close because both teams had a similar makeup, even with a premade.

Playing Blitz, you get 2 man premade (With a healer) so honestly it will be really bad and in my experience, is really bad to play with. Blitz BGs are an absolute mess.

1 Like

In my personal experience, the Epic BGs can hardly even be classified as PVP. 90% of the time I enter one it’s just ignore the enemy players and make a mad rush to the NPC commander to zerg them down.

The only time I’ve seen an actual, coordinate effort to PVP in an Epic BG it was due to a pre-made cheesing the queue times and turning the battle into an Honor farm.

1 Like

Youll have to say more here. How are 2 people being together going to make a difference?

A healer and DPS combo on comms make a big difference, and it ensures they’ll be going to where they want to together - or split when needed unlike actual truly random bgs. It’s a premade to be together. Get rid of premade entirely honestly, stop giving people advantages and actually balance the modes/classes for it.

That’s not wrong lol.

It’s moreso zerging the objectives than anything else.

A premade leader issuing commands is the only time strategy is really used, otherwise it’s just a group of players doing what they’re supposed to, and several others being clueless.

Then leaving the battle once the initial assault fails, because the rest of the battle is likely gonna be around 15 minutes anyway.

It’s a real shame, too. I love the theme they were attempting to make of this giant battle between armies of players with a commander to defend/kill. AV is easily my favorite BG they’ve ever made. They’ve attempted to try and make PVP happen, but it doesn’t seem to have worked very much. Not sure what else they could do to stop Epic BGs from being a zerg fest.

2 Likes

I just hope the RBG titles will not be available from it.

But arent they likely to be queued into other duos? I thought they would be.

Why?

2 Likes

Agreeing with you, most people are not killers, they don’t have the talent and the total ambivalence toward others necessary to crush adversaries in any situation. Nor do they have the ego or sense of self worth to endure failure for long periods of time in order to get better.
Furthermore, tutorials and personal training only serve to prop up the weak, those things basically never produce exceptional individuals.
So, I completely agree that team activities that allow a player to hide their incompetence requires a friendly team of ~12 or more. Ideally these crowd activities include a small assortment of optional ways to engage with personal skill.
Which is why old unrated battlegrounds were fine.

What in the Andrew Tate is this?

1 Like

Wow, letting us play with ONE friend at a time, how generous of blizzard lmao. Are we really at the point where an mmo doesn’t just let you play solo, it makes you play solo?

LFD and LFR still let you queue in a group, hell regular BGs let you play with 4 others at least, though I find that often too restrictive.

1 Like

Plorm, or Plormie as his friends call him.

1 Like

I’ll tell you exactly what they could do, they could start buffing NPCs and Vehicles as Seasons progress so I’m not tanking Vandaar with 0 towers down, and they could eliminate the Premades just like they did for WoW Classic. I’ve got it all outlined here. Almost all the issues with Retail PvP are quite literally basic maintenance type stuff like this that they just refuse to allocate the resources for.

1 Like

It was, I pug 85% for Rated and there were times only 4 groups were looking for players, add that most leaders are super picky when it comes to who they accept in their group. Then add tanks especially people only wanting to take Guardian Druids.

3 Likes

thats good news, we need more ppl to pvp

how about new battlegrounds too

i only do via lfg, and its so bad to get into, iam not a very social person and i dont have an pvp group of 10, i did a bunch of battleground blitz, they’re a fun but need improvment

2 Likes