Ion interview with Preach - Shadowlands Covenant VS Legion legos/artifact weapon

There it is, the one liner reply when all else fails.

What else is someone supposed to say to someone who replies with a lot of conjecture, projecting and an angry disposition?

Thank you for taking the time to answer.

I think where I am getting caught up is during legion I played a shadow priest. A guild said they were looking for a shadow priest and wanted to hit mythic a within the third week.

So I played a shadow priest and we got aotc the second week. But while on my shadow priest, unless I played with my guildies I had a tough time finding dungeon groups to farm AP.

I sometimes felt bad about this because it was beyond my control. Shadow priests weren’t optimal for that content. However in raid I had a blast because shadow felt great and I performed well.

So I didn’t really have an issue being bad at one thing, because I was good at another.

Will high end raiders, who select the "raiding’ covenant not feel the same? They know they’ll perform well in raid, but may lack in other areas.

That’s the fundamental difference between a single player RPG and an MMORPG. In a single player RPG, even if you lose, it doesn’t matter IF losing is treated like a new perspective (different endings, different story breakthroughs, etc). But an MMORPG is built around your character experiencing all the content from a unique perspective, and the change of perspective (class) is the playthrough. It’s more akin to something like Monster Hunter, which even then has suggestions rather than requirements in term of gearing. It’s why a lot of people complained about Ex-Behemoth in MHW, because its design feels like an antithesis to the rest of the game, but the funny thing is that it’s meant to be built like a raid encounter.

I usually expect people to do research to build their opinion on something, before speaking.

I guess you failed to meet basic expectations?

Was running it a nightmare? …ill see myself out.

I disagree… Running islands to cap, a 15, and two raid nights sound hardcore to some but might be mega casual to another.

1 Like

You used the term RPG without qualifiers, though.

This isn’t true of previous MMOs - in fact in most previous MMOs characters tended to be only good at one role, period (and soloing was near impossible). Whether or not they could find a way to apply that toolkit to different types of content varied.

It wasn’t even the case of this game, and arguably still isn’t. Some classes and specs are just inherently better at some types of PVP, for example.

More conjecture.

This is going to be a circular conversation. Have a great weekend. I really mean it.

Well said, 120% agree.

That’s someone misuing the terms. But if you tell me someone being top 50 is not hardcore then you clearly don’t know what is going on.

You do conjecture.

I work with what I can see, you work with what you don’t even bother to look at, so essentially nothing. Simple!

Because they have their heads up their butts?

Have a great day!

That’s… exactly my point? If you’re good at something, then there should be different ways to approach the game to highlight that something (different strategies or comps), and have you be weak at other things. But then you keep creating content that doesn’t allow that because the content itself is built around minmaxing.

Top 50? Yikes… For sure. But perhaps one of the guilds might have requirements that arent super high.

There it is, giving me reason to avoid facing reality.

Hopefully you get out of your delusion one day.

Excited to see how you won’t resist answering this.

Perhaps I misread your other post but:
Well, the problem with that is the community - content tuned that doesn’t require minmaxing will be knocked over days after release.

The community makes it this way.

That’s what I’m saying… certain words have definitive meanings. But communities over use it so they lose meaning and hardcore can mean even if you do 100 pet battles or something (lol) But being real… what I was referring to was someone writing about not being hardcore but being top 50-90. which is ridiculously outlandish to the very meaning hardcore itself.

They will feel similar to how you felt. However, some of these guys want to push themselves in not just raiding. They push raids, m+, and arena so forcing their hand on one of them isn’t to fun. They’ll probably play different specs too, I know one good pvp’er mains tank in raids but arms in arena. Not sure what he is gonna do.

But yeah, side note: it would’ve been great if they would’ve fixed shadow in m+ back then, I remember our spriest super bummed about it.

To me, that has less to do with the community and more the nature of progression. A major difference between back then and now is all the spoilers like WoWhead, the Adventure Guide, DBM, etc. If you look at FFXIV, it has its own internal testing group with no spoilers coming out, and many addon restrictions. And I heard the Epic of Alexander took many days to beat. Making the discovery of the fight (and how to prepare for it) a part of the challenge can allow relaxing on the numbers and thus, allow more approaches.