Ion Hazzikostas, can you schedule a Live Q&A to talk about 9.1?

which one of the “influencers” started this rumor?

Same. I enjoyed it initially, but as time went on, it became less a game and more a chore, which is why I haven’t logged on in 3 weeks.

5 Likes

Do we really want to hear about how they’ll make fun of people for being upset about the delay? Or dance around the subject?

3 Likes

Why even bother with his QA’s?

The dude only replies what he wants and most of what’s asked is often ignored or is given a vague answer that doesn’t really answer anything, it’s a complete waste of time.

5 Likes

The whole 9.1 in August is the same as “you need to complete the story on both factions to fly in bfa”

A blue saying lol no would put the brakes on that real quick

2 Likes

i hadn’t even heard that one… but people will believe anything.

it’s amazing how people lord over these streamers and “content creators” (lol?) and refuse to hold them accountable for their rubbish.

i just want to know which one of them started this rumor.

…but i’m guessing nobody will front up with the goods, because they need to protect their heroes.

Retailers need to understand you are officially on the backburner.

chinese play metrics determine the content of your game, as well as competitor releases.

NA is classic country for the next 3-4years of TBC/Wrath.

2 Likes

That’d be cool but I dont think they look here. Try Twitter!

And if they do somehow listen pls make the 9.1 Kyrian cosmetic set look mor elike Pelagos armor.

The pandemic is affecting so much in the gaming industry causing tons of delays. Would not be surprised if blizzard is still behind from Shadowlands initial launch and the delays snowballing through the rest of the expansion.

Fingers crossed 9.1 is worth the wait.

2 Likes

This is a bloody great idea and it’s honestly sorely needed. Please give us some hype/hope back because we need it!

1 Like

This is exactly what happens everytime he does a Q/A:

Question: Why no account bound essences

Ion: Well, you see when developing the game there are a few things we look at and try to decide what is important, one of them really is player progression so we try to really aim our focus in ways that will empower gamers without making them feel out of place. A good place for this to start is gear, we like to give people gear to empower them and that’s why we’ve really looked at improving the way and the amount of gear we hand out. I think it’s important for us to look at these things when looking at how to improve the player experience.

SO FRUSTRATING

19 Likes

Here’s what’s gonna happen people, cause it seems that either y’all get amnesia or are new to these parts.

We will NOT get any kind of information regarding future content updates until the AWC is over.

That means after April 10th.

“Normally” AWC’s final sets the end of the pvp season or very close to it.

Then we will know more. Not before.

1 Like

Right…it’s the pandemic…that’s why they’re laying people off…bc they are behind due to the pandemic…say it out loud.

4 Likes

Thank god little ol multibillion dollar company Blizzard has you on here defending them huh? How would they possibly be able to manage without you. Thank you for your service.

You conveniently forget how they laid off 800 staff in 2019 (no pandemic) and bragged about record profits? And they gave 200million bonus to Bobby Kotick.

Truly thank you for your service.

3 Likes

You mistake my meaning. I would never defend Blizzard laying people off while being so far behind in development. You should reread what I wrote, I was making light of someone offering that pathetic excuse.

1 Like

You right, and you right.

Keep calling it is how it is Winchestor.

2 Likes

I think is was towlie or something like that.

Regardless I believe mid June is the earliest we’d get 9.1 at this point. Early - Mid July seems like the most likely scenario, August being worst case.

Me not that kind of Dev!
lol

A live Q&A ? The only way i see this happening is if Blizz hand picks who is allowed to attend and also pre screens all questions for this “Live Q&A”

They already made their money at launch (and broke sales records with that launch as well). Right now there may be a dip in subs but from the business side they say, “this is a typical drop in subs that we experience between major content patches of an expansion”.

Their profit model is launch sales of xpac, increase in sub count with content patches, game store sales through mounts/pets.

Even if there is only “41% of the playerbase left” they still fit into the profit model that management expects. From a business point of view they are doing just fine as the #1 MMO by population.

Heck, even if they don’t release until August it still won’t matter. Even if they only do a 9.1 and 9.2 it won’t matter. They will release a new expac with new feature hooks and they will continue to break sales records. I’d love to see them take some new directions with the game but I feel like at this point they are going to stick to the current formula that pulls in record breaking sales (See below).

Battle for Azeroth sold more than 3.4 million units through August 14th, setting records and making it Warcraft’s fastest-selling expansion…For the previous expansion, the press release stated Legion sold 3.3 million copies on the first day

World of Warcraft: Shadowlands has become the fastest-selling PC game of all time! By day one of launch on November 23rd, the expansion had sold over 3.7 million copies, breaking the previous record set by Diablo III at 3.5 million and the 3.3 million copies of Legion, while claiming player engagement in World of Warcraft at its highest point in the last decade.”

For sure. At this point it seems like even Ian (red shirt guy) is almost black listed by Blizzard.