"Invite to fun layer"

No it’s not. Why on earth would you layer people on a population decline.

Capped servers so no more growth. Server transfers to lower pop servers, or new servers.

Where does it say that? My assumption - from the fact that it is being used rather than sharding - is to counter high populations, not low. I am assuming if the population of a server drops below a certain level then layering would not be required.

The game starts for YOU at level 1. Not everyone will play it the same way and with the amount of social media you have access to, I’m sure it will be easy to find and identify community events.

I hope so but after playing the stress tests and seeing the buzz on top of your progress not being wiped after a couple of months, i am starting to think classic is going to ne extremely popular.

Well, I think I will be waiting until layering is removed before I play. I was having a blast today but then to find out something cool was happening right where I was standing and I couldn’t see it.

I ended up getting invited to the layer but chat was scrolling so fast with everyone wanting to see it too. It is not a nonissue, not by any means. It ruins immersion and it’s just disappointing.

Yes, it should be removed later on but anyone who says it’s a nonissue maybe just don’t care about community and fun world events, which is a big part of what Vanilla was about.

5 Likes

Layering is to counter tourists. The population will inevitably decline after launch. Bloat the servers to a very high population so when they settle they end up in the preferred population range.

Any people who are consistently saying this played on a single server for stress testing. There won’t be one singular server at launch. Your experience in a stress test is not indicative of live. I’m sure that is written somewhere.

I am saying layering is being added under the assumption the population will decline. My question is what happens if the population doesnt

1 Like

No, it’s not. I can’t really tell if you’re trolling or not. Layering is being added to prevent the servers from catching on fire while the tourists come through the servers.

2 Likes

No, @Tinamary is correct. Layering is to combat dead servers.

2 Likes

If i heard there was a huge battle on another server i wouldnt care. But if i heard a huge battle is happening where i am standing it will ne fuatrating to say the least.

6 Likes

Why would you layer a dead server. How does that make any sense. Please post me to any article where it’s stated layering is to combat a dead server.

But there will be layers. And there will be events that we can’t see because of it. It’s an issue.

So let’s see three months from now how that goes. I fully expect for some cool world event to be taking place like tonight right where I’m standing that I won’t be able to take part in or see. I was being optimistic about it before and after the last stress test because it seemed they collapsed the layers.

I felt bad seeing mass amounts of people spamming chat asking for an invite. I mean, come on now. They just wanted to take part and couldn’t.

1 Like

Umm you are incorrect go read the layering info available

You word it in a way to confuse yourself.

Word it like this.

Servers with layers can have 3,000 players * number of layers.
Population declines.
Remove layers.

No layering needed for dead servers due to NO dead servers.

2 Likes

Um . . . no it literrally starts at lvl 1. I’m not arguing opinion here. I’m aruging facts. Because if it starts at 60. We would just log in at level 60 :upside_down_face:

But yeah lets just pretend that 59 levels, 36 zones, and 18 dungeons dont exist . . .

3 Likes

How is layering combating dead servers if the layering gets removed due to it being a dead server.

Yeah, let’s pretend this is a new game that wasn’t played 15 years ago and hasn’t been experienced by some people.

Preemptive. You seem to think there will be dead servers. But, layering allows for 20,000 (for example) server caps. If that many people leave then sure they will be dead. Either way, layering will be gone by phase 2.

Not using layering and having 3,000 caps. Now that will end in all servers being dead after populations decline.