Invitation to RP

I know you are out there somewhere. That person who loves rp and has a hard time finding a partner, whether because of time zone or real life obligations. I know the struggle is real. It used to be easy to find people.

Log into the game and join the chat channel. Say hello, you might get a few responses, but sometimes not. You ask about rp and you get directed to the next event, or the discord. You ask in the discord if anyone wants to join you for some companionship and leveling on a regular basis.

Silence.

Is the timing off? Have all the rpers left the game? No way of knowing, of course.

I see a few posts here now and then of people looking for rp. Sometimes they are new to it and have no idea what to say or do. It used to be you could walk around one of the capitals on the most popular rp server and usually find someone to chat with.

Now it seems harder and harder to find that right person who will click with your ideas and actually join you in questing and exploring the marvelous world of Azeroth.

I propose this: A role play directory where you can list your character and their faction, as much detail as you wish to impart (more is better than a few lines of cryptic basics)

List your IC information separately from your OOC. It’s important that if you wish to rp on a regular basis, you are both at least in the same time frame. You don’t have to go into great detail here, maybe just a short basic West/East Coast, US server, available what hours, etc.

So, community, what do you think?

2 Likes

You need to host an editable database somehow, preferably in a manner that does not involve Facebook. A wikia maybe?

I would prefer doing it here in a thread on the forums.

I can start.

Lillydeth Shadowstar

Agent for the Crown. Working undercover to seek out cultists and other lowlifes who would disrupt the currently well established Kingdom of Stormwind. Unofficially a bounty hunter, who is sent after certain targets who might bring her profit. Her Prime employer a secretive mage who self styles as a scholar.

Lithe and balanced, Lilly is a sure shot with her pistol, but can also stealth her way into almost any Horde encampment with out being detected. She prefers a silent dispatch rather than a noisy mess.

She is also an accomplished engineer who will work at an invention for years to perfect it. Her little toys and expertly crafted guns and ammo keep her in business. It’s a perfect cover for field trips and exploration.

(OOC) I am retired, and live on the West Coast. Also a chronic Nightowl who will often stay up until dawn working on rp or just goofing off leveling. I have characters on all the rp realms. So if ED is not your cup of tea, hit me up on other realms. Note here please what character you would like to rp and what kind of companion you are looking for. I am an adult, and adult themes are fine.

1 Like

I play classic WoW and mostly Classic WoW TBC due to current computer circumstances, would love to RP tho. Various topics. However…

I really do not know how to RP…correctly? I need someone to teach me and be patient. :slight_smile:

As far as your first question about WoW RP, maybe people are like me…scared, lol…

Honestly I wish I knew…i’d like to get comfortable with just 1 person doing so…on various subjects…

There used to be a very nice stickied thread about rp and the basic things needed. One thing you will need to do is get some add ons to help.

I use TRP3, others might use MRP, which is not as complicated to use. They are compatible with each other. You can set them up with first and last name, does not even have to match your character name, but I find it is less confusing if you use it as either first or last name.

Rolling on a rp server is always going to work better for you, as you will find more willing partners. On non rp servers, you might get some griefing and that is not nice.

As far as being correct, the only things you might want to remember are some troll lore, which you can pretty much gather as you level, and giving yourself a simple background. By simple, I mean you do not want to be the son of Vol’Jin or some other lore character, that is frowned on. Just think of a simple story of where you were born and raised and maybe some basic character traits you want to play.

Rp is so much fun, I wish more people would get into it. You are the creator, the producer, the director and the actor in a one person play to begin, but as you meet others and talk to them and get to know them, you add friends and even find family.

Talking to others is as simple as using /say to speak to them. You might start with giving a compliment, or offering help with a task they are doing. Standing around while others rp is also a good way to see how they do it. If you want to do emotes, just /e and type out what your character is doing.

Example: (I type /e and your name will appear as the beginning of a sentence, then you just type in the rest. Use quotation marks to indicate speech.)

Rubyre smiles. “Oh, hello there. My name is Ruby. What’s yours?”

Come over here and join the collection of RPers from several guilds and backgrounds, including me, this Saturday, over Wyrmrest Accord sever, on > [The Year of the Scourge] Archive - #348 by Beloran-wyrmrest-accord

IC and OOC data, on what said weekly event was all about, is here >
[The Year of the Scourge] Archive

Hilarious how we are always short on medics, even in RP event.

1 Like