Introducing the World of Warcraft Community Council

This idea sounds like the MVP program.

And just as only rabid Blizzard supporters and yes-men were allowed to be MVPs, only rabid Blizzard supporters and yes-men will be allowed on this council, rendering it basically a hollow gesture that looks nice and changes nothing.

47 Likes

Clark is ready to fill that role.

Great idea, thanks!

Yes, they never listened to us before, but THIS TIME things will be different…just like last time, and the time before that, and the time before that. I’ll believe it when I see it.

31 Likes

They’re probably talking about me. I assume that what I’d bring to the table would be stuff like saying:

“Hey, that achievement for doing each of three versions of the ooze daily quest ten times in Korthia is kind of dumb and won’t be accomplished by almost anyone within the lifetime of the patch unless you put those daily quests on a set rotation.”

Or:

“Hey, if you put this achievement to do this weird thing in a battleground, I can guarantee you that in pursuing the achievement, my kind of people will absolutely sacrifice winning the match to get it and make everyone on our battleground team hate us. Probably you should not make this achievement.”

18 Likes

Very happy to see this. I signed up even though the last question makes me think I wont get picked. I still think they need to do more communication in other forms though. Take questions from Twitter, Reddit and these forums maybe once a month. Make us feel like were all involved in making the game better.

3 Likes

For example, we already give you plenty of feedback in beta and every. single. day. on this forum and on social media. You don’t need a special program, you just need to read. Also, none of you making your company or your game better should be on us, especially not on not paid us. Expecting unpaid work from your customers is gross.

16 Likes

Well…fair enough I guess? :expressionless:

But I already kind of hate you now. Because I may have been in a battleground where you were trying to dance around the hut twenty times to unlock [Are You Dizzy Dancing Yet?].

:smiley:

1 Like

You mean to tell me that posting “what do you expect, its Sunday!” is no help to the devs? How do devs know what day it is then?

1 Like

See, now I want you on the council, haha :slight_smile:

Those are succinct, well-communicated examples which I’m guessing you made up off the top of your head.

The council needs voices like yours, imo

6 Likes

A community council eh? Wish someone would have thought of that sooner, a team dedicated to interacting with players, gathering feedback, providing updates, and overall being the face of the brand between consumers and company. You could even call them community managers!

Oh wait, we had those, and then you fired all of them during a season of record profits. Not holding my breath.

26 Likes

lol, people almost never give the right feedback

I can see by the questions, this is pretty much going to fail already. They sure seem to like those streamers

I actually don’t know why they are doing this when they set up an entire feedback program as part of their surveys - guess random isn’t good enough.

4 Likes

I really hope this works and our feedback is taken seriously. I’d like to see the game get back to being a fun experience for everyone regardless of what part of the game you’re involved in. I threw my hat in, I hope I get selected. :smiley:

-EDarkness

After 6 months, you should open up “midterms” for more community members to join the council, and allow them to serve for a year as well. That way you have more voices on a rotating basis, every 6 months.

For example:
January 2022 - Group 1 starts
July 2022 - Group 2 starts
January 2023 - Group 1 ends, Group 3 starts
July 2023 - Group 2 ends, Group 4 starts
January 2024 - Group 3 ends, Group 5 starts
July 2024 - Group 4 ends, Group 6 starts
etc, etc.

12 Likes

I would love to be part of this. I’ve been playing since 2006 and have touched on nearly all parts of the game. I’d love to give my perspective in this community discussion.

4 Likes

there is three versions? I only recall ever seeing 2.

I love this idea!

I really miss Tseric. Those were fun days.

-EDarkness

3 Likes

Hopes they are going to pick real players and not fake streamer players that do nothing to help the game out…

8 Likes

So I guess I don’t see why this isn’t already something with the MVP system?