[Interest Check] Ebon Blade RP Guild/Group for all Highlord-Loyal Undead

Greetings Moon Guard,

I’d like to start a faction-neutral role-play guild that’s open to all undead characters who are loyal to Acherus; not just death knights.

I’m pretty serious about this, but I don’t want to launch the endeavor alone–I want to work with other experienced RPers who are also passionate about the concept.

I’ve got heaps of idea regarding structure, backstory, events, etc… To discuss things more, please post below, if interested.

3 Likes

I’m always interested in projects like these. However, I much prefer heavy lore over popular headcanon given to the Ebon Blade and Death Knights. You’re welcome to add me on discord: basicglitch if you want someone to bounce ideas off of.

1 Like

Will add you on Discord for sure. I am big on heavy lore, too; so I’m with you wholeheartedly there for sure.

1 Like

You could join with the Mawsworn. Leaderless and seeking new purpose/responsibilities. Bear with the idea.

The Maw was forged even before Zovaal became its Jailer, thus it served a purpose that remains. And despite the positive side of Pelagos desire that all souls be given a second chance, and the efforts of Sylvannas to free those souls; not all of the damned can truly expect to change or be given a chance at paradise…

Even in utopia a soul may choose chaos over peace if its nature is truly dark. And don’t forget how that prison was busted open in a manner and the many souls within were “freed” by willing adventurers. Especially souls that could find ways to return to the living to resume their dark designs…(think Michael Myers)

Death Knights, Necromancers, Shadow priests would be some of those who serve. I myself am bound to the maw, but others can travel between the realms of the living/dead.

Don’t forget that the souls of all villains eventually make it to the Shadowlands. And what if they reject even the arbiter…who doesn’t enjoy a good torture.

The mortal realm is so tedious and boring when its the same story over and over. A villain appears, civilians suffer, heroes appear, and the villain dies.

A bit heavy on the SL lore but pushes the boundaries of the unknown. The Maw is part of the shadowlands after all. And the idea/approach of becoming Mawsworn is open to discussion.

1 Like

I have a death knight mortician / crypt warden I’ve been working on, and I may be interested in this. I’ve been looking to crank up some diceless campaigns in the future too… though it really depends on if you’re dead-set on a dice system for events. You can drop me a line at Thunderbolt300 on Discord!

1 Like

I’d be interested! Do you have a discord / battle tag to reach out to?

1 Like

Always interested in Acherus RP! Have lead multiple DK-related communities and guilds, so I’ve got plenty of experience to share and love to give! Discord is deltacoz. Hope it happens, I’ve been waiting 75 years for this! >:D

2 Likes

Dreadhounds. That’s a blast from the past. :joy: I don’t know why I thought I disbanded the guild years ago. That’s funny.

< Irene

I look forward to it!

Hey Necromar/Amaradus good to see you’ve got some ideas. Maybe in the future you can share that with the Dread watch we would love to have another story to tell.

2 Likes

Great to see the interest here. I’ll do some reaching out on Discord to get the ball rolling.

I’m feeling an RP group with a Discord server and in-game community as central hubs MAY be the best way to go? Obviously up for discussion, but I think that’s probabbly best? That allows for people who are already firmly in guilds they love to not be forced to choose. Also doesn’t crowd the already small DK RP community with another guild; there are already some great ones out there. There’s a lot more freedom in a solid RP group.

1 Like

Maybe a little off-topic but I’ve been looking for a DK guild for QUITE a long while and I don’t recall ever seeing a recruiting ad for you guys. Mind tossing me an elevator pitch?

1 Like

There is another DK guild that operates in Northrend, not sure if they are neutral, but they have been in operation since the LK. I believe its called “Shadow Vault”. They may be discontinued

Its been some time since I’ve seen them at all, but they have always operated out of the Icecrown location of the same name.

Given the nature of events since Legion the number of DK guilds alone jumped quite a bit but each died out shortly thereafter. Regular scheme for so many of them: Join a pre-existing guild that has Guild Battle Standards unlocked, buy the flags, quit, build their own guild and showcase with the flag/cap additions.

Yeaaah this has always been a theme for as long as I can remember with everyone going from one guild to the next. I’ve wanted to start my own but haven’t really felt the pull to do all the work I know I’d need to do to keep it going, plus the issue of finding DKs who all agree on the same version of lore is kind of a pain.

For me: I’m not what one would call “lore strict”; I’m of the opinion that wiggle room is what makes RP fun. That being said, I don’t care for a lot of the headcanon going around that insists that DKs have no emotions, that they feel nothing, and that they have to ICly be from some particular “generation”. If someone wants to play their character that way, fine by me, but to force it on me OOCly when there is no in-game evidence of these things is not.

On a totally different tangent, it feels like most storylines that would’ve involved DKs have been solved or resolved by Shadowlands, and it’s a struggle to continue to give the deaders something to do, and that’s the angle I’ve taken with Aran. He’s used to being the person who gives others purpose-- he was a commander for a long time, and even when he wasn’t always had a group of other death knights around him. This is the first time he’s been alone in many years, and he’s struggling to find his own purpose.

Wherever he goes, that’s gonna be his thing, just trying to feel useful again. I’m really hoping to find something like that for him no matter what form it takes!

1 Like

I can Dm you, it would be disingenuous to pitch my guild on someone trying to create their own.

4 Likes

I’ve sent out friend requests on Discord to all who dropped their Discord names in the earlier posts.

If anyone else would like to join us on brainstorming some ideas, please don’t hesitate to post your Discord name here. If you aren’t comfortable doing that, no problem; let me know, and I’ll sort out an alternative way to get you in the chat.

1 Like

Yeah I can say my interactions with Dread Watch have been decent, they can DEF help you out. Do beware though of some the other DK heavy groups, get kindof… too edgy. If you get what I mean.

Could I send you my discord in, in-game mail?

If you end up making an actual Discord server, you should drop a link in this thread.

I would be interested in this for Ahh reasons.