Intel driver assistant not working

im just wondering if anyone can find a reason why i cant seem to get it to work after reinstalling, using different browsers, checking for updates, and turning off firewall. The error message reads Sorry, something went wrong while trying to scan. I’ve looked everywhere trying to find a solution to my problem so thought i’d post here seeing if anyone knows a fix? Maybe its something simple, I’m not sure. First time I’ve had an issue with it.

Let’s have a look at a DXDiag report Vancleave.

The second section of page has DXDiag report instructions - we don’t require the MSinfo report.

That will be a wall of text. If you have issues pasting on the Forum here go ahead and put it up on pastebin.com. Provide the link code portion of the URL - example below.

(The green bold portion at the end of the link: https://pastebin.com/**Qk28Ed1P** <=== this code)

https:// pastebin. com/ bzqAGiCB here’s my dxdiag report just get rid of the spaces, won’t let me post links

What are you trying to update with the Intel? The DXDiag looks good. With a notebook you would want to update from the Asus support pages if possible.

You mention a reinstall - did you mean game or Windows? If it was the game I would try uninstalling then reinstalling the Intel Driver assistant.

i’ve used driver assistant before but didn’t think to use asus, i’m just trying to find a fast way to update my drivers because wow is showing i need to update. and yes thats what i reinstalled and installed. FIXED After visiting asus webpage and updating no longer have flashing signal saying i need update.

Good to see. I would take a close look through the various updates Asus might have for your notebook. Basically you want to stick with those until Asus doesn’t provide updates.

Yes, its nice that wow shows no more flashing that was the main issue and now I can play not feeling like my game is broken. Still though, intel driver assistant is giving me the same error. Used to be pretty good at downloading stuff for me as I’m still a bit of a noobie when it comes to manually doing it. It also says I need 3 updates. :S

What updates are those Vancleave. List them for me.

It doesn’t show me just says i need 3 updates when hovering over the task bar app. Should I ignore it?

Is that the Intel app? Try right clicking see if you can open whatever app is telling you that?

Yes the intel app I tried right clicking and opening the search for new drivers option and it comes up reading sorry something went wrong trying to scan. I’ve tried reinstalling, updating windows, changing browsers, turning off windows defender and looked for solutions on google but none with a clear answer. Just to reinstall but i’ve read other posts with a similar problem to mine in a couple of forum posts I.E. they tried all the things I did but in the posts it just ends with no clear answer.

I took a look at Intel things on the Asus Support page. What Intel is detecting is likely the Management Engine and Chipset drivers or graphics for the onboard Intel 630. I imagine there are more recent generic drivers available from Intel. It looks like you will have the most recent Asus has to offer. Another possibility is the Intel Wireless or Bluetooth driver.

We could go ahead and try installing the newest from Intel, however it really is best policy to stick with what Asus has for the notebook. I would only go that route if there were obvious issues. I would uninstall the Intel Update manager then be done with it.

Ah ok, I’ll uninstall intel update manager. So for future reference the place i want to check for new drivers is always asus?

Yes. The problem with notebooks (Asus is no exception) is eventually after the notebook is a couple of years old they will stop supplying updates. After that you are on your own using generic drivers from the various vendors. It can a get a bit tricky to install those generic drivers.

Gotcha, so it did tell me what was wrong technically I just couldn’t believe it cuz i bought this only 2 years ago and it still feels new to me… Are generic drivers gonna be an issue in wow? Will I need to find updates for them?

Drivers are good for now. In the future if you start having issues we may need to go to Generic Intel / Nvidia graphics drivers.