Intel based Mac Big Sur crashing on launching WOW classic

Hi, I upgraded to Big Sur recently, and everytime I launch wow classic, it crashes my system. I have a mid 2015 macbook pro, and it was running wow fairly well on Catalina before. I don’t have TripMode installed, and I doubt I had any network monitoring system extensions installed either.
If blizzard claims that it offers macintosh support, I would like to know an answer to this problem, because my subscription is rotting away while this problem is still out there.

1 Like

Did you solve this? I have same problem. Recently updated to Big Sur and installed Shadowlands. Shadowlands runs fine. No issues. To run classic i have to shutdown Trend software. Had to fully un-install Norton - so tried Trend. Have not tried any of the others. Don’t know how to disable network monitoring extensions. If any one knows a solution-I have a macbook pro 2019 with AMD Vega 20.

sadly no, still the same issue, but now I have an error popping out saying “cas system was unable to initialize wow”. Don’t know what that means