Integrate RaidBots Simulation into WoW

You integrated Raider IO into WoW, that is already helpful. Now, please integrate RaidBots sim into WoW. This way, we can know for our characters the strength of talents/conduits/etc without having to leave the game.

The current website is freemium. If you want to run large sims and get your results quickly, you must pay. If it were in WoW, I would like these features to be free and easy to access.

I think this is a good idea on paper, but at the same time it’s one of those risk/reward cost/benefit scenarios.

The server costs to sim gear at Raidbots is probably in the mid thousands every month, and when a new raid drops it’s probably in the tens of thousands for at least the first few weeks of the tier and a bit after.

Factor in maintenance, mostly done by the SimC squad, and misc upkeep by Seriallos himself (forgive me if I got your name wrong) - if Blizz were to dedicate an entire team purely to recreating SimC (or importing it) and maintaining it on their own servers, the cost to benefit wouldn’t be worth it.

The number of players that truly care to sim their characters is a relatively small portion of the player base, and even then it’s only done to min-max towards the higher gearing levels. Simming yourself anywhere before pre-bis or bis is basically useless outside of super niche scenarios.

I like the idea, but it’s probably not going to happen.

2 Likes

Thank you for your informative and respectful reply. I understand now that it would probably cost a lot of money for not many players, although I wish more players would simulate. I know the sims take a while to run so it makes sense when you say they aren’t cheap.

Rita

2 Likes