Instead of just "moving slower", why not just make it harder to MAINTAIN speed with Soar?

For the record; when you are IN the Dragon Isles, Soar should lose its cooldown entirely and function like any other Dragonriding mount. And if Dragonriding is ever allowed to be used in old continents (which I’m all for!), then the same should apply; it should simply be THEIR version of “Dragonriding”.

That said, I do understand the spirit of the nerf. I don’t know that it’s entirely necessary – given they currently cannot display Transmog-gear, I highly doubt we’ll see Dracthyr running old content anyways. But okay, I get the idea.

But here’s the thing; from the videos I’ve seen, what makes Dragonriding so fun isn’t necessarily the speed, but the interactivity!

Generally speaking, if I need to go somewhere, I mount up, point myself in the right direction, then autorun and AFK or alt-tab. If the speed increase from Soar isn’t something dramatic, then I’m likely to just stick with the old mounts and going AFK.

But what if Soar was simply “harder to maintain”?

For example, when you get that nose-dive speed going, maybe it wears off rather quickly. Maybe your character is constantly descending just a little bit. So you can still move VERY quickly – but it’s also going to be a LOT more involved.

I feel like you would still have an end-result that IS slower overall, but perhaps more importantly, it keeps Soar feeling fun and rewarding, and a net-gain over just “normal flying + AFK”.

Again, just my two cents.

1 Like

I really wish players would just ask for exactly what you want, not a compromise to end up half way happy.

I’m not in beta but from what I’ve been hearing apparently soar isn’t even faster than flying mounts, even though it can temporarily move faster over a short distance.

That said if Blizzard felt that Soar gave Dracthyr too much of an “advantage” in the old world, the solution should have been to speed everybody else up.

It’s the old world. It’s really not game breaking if I can get to a 10 year old raid to farm transmogs like 2 minutes faster.

2 Likes

Just make soar the dragonriding form for dracthyr and let everyone use dragon riding in the world. Thats the best solution.

5 Likes

This is the only correct solution

2 Likes

Exactly. Begging Blizz for a compromise just gives them an excuse to keep sucking the fun out of the game.

2 Likes

They want to teleport directly to every single activity/dungeon/wq. Then come here and complain that WoW has turned into a lobby game.

2 Likes

No they dont lol Youve gone from parroting Blizz to outright making up nonsense now. Thats the most pathetic thing Ive seen in a long while man.

1 Like

Oh it’s you again.

1 Like

Yeah its me. So, you come up with a reason soar is an advantage yet or are you just going to troll and scream at everyone in yet another thread?

1 Like

Source

1 Like

Once again, just sharing a post with no information.

Go on, whats the advantage. You told me there were a ton but you refuse to name a single one. Go on, try. You can do it.

1 Like

Why this wasn’t the solution is beyond me

1 Like

All the info you need is in that post. Go on now.

1 Like

Name the advantage. Blizzard didnt but you claim you have tons. Name one.

They could even turn it into another minor gold sink. Just have the riding trainer sell us another level of riding that’s faster, only works in non-current expansion content, and costs like 10-20k.

Boom. Instant minor gold sink that virtually every character is going to buy, and if DF keeps the same sort of dailies they’ve been having where you can farm ~2000 gold per character per day that’s very obtainable within like a month of playing top for even the most casual player.

Or if you want to encourage people to do the old content more just make it an achievement reward. Have one for each expansion where if you do all the dungeons/raids, you get faster flying in that expansion(make this one account wide. It’s not hard to do but it would get people to run old content for it if they want the flight speed).

There’s a lot of ways you could speed us up and turn it into something positive for the game as a whole in more ways than just the flight speed.

1 Like

No advantage really if your ’ soaring ’ you think you something good you can’t just hover and look . You have to land and look and if their mob were you didn’t see you have to fight it then wait till cd is finished.

So a massive disadvantage? Meaning Soar should have been left alone and CD removed just like LITERALLY EVER SINGLE TESTER SAID.

Blizz, you joy-vampires.

Or reduced to 2 minutes so as to separate from reg flying.

1 Like

Id be cool with that to be honest. They just went in the totally opposite direction of what every tester wanted