Insider Trading Quest cannot be completed

The four-part Insider Trading quest cannot be completed as the two parts - “Cartel Ba and Zo spoken to” have NPCs that are either not there or not interactable. Both in the Enclave. the other two parts can be completed.

3 Likes

same here. reported on June 4 and no fix yet? I just downloaded a large patch and this is still not fixed?

2 Likes

Same here cant interact or they are just plain missing no NPC, stuck now so cant unlock the tazavesh market on new toon because of it.

I found a possible cause for this and solution a bit later on so ill post this update for those that it may help with.

the reason the quest is stopped as i had found the story quest line was skipped or incomplete traveling to oribos earlier then intended made those stop working even though some npcs in orbis where still available to give the quests out, the other npcs in oribos where missing.

this occued on a new character entering oribos for the 1st time. i had to go back to stormwind castle entrance and change my choice to play the maw quest line start to ive seen this before just send me to oribos vs entering the maw portal quest line.

once i did that and it portal me directly to oribos, the fated scribes where now present upon landing and choice to play or continue story line poped up, i chose to skip story mode, and continue self play, as ive done the story alot on earlier characters.

after chooseing those choices all the NPCs in oribos where back into their normal places and the above quest npcs where now their and available to chat to and progress on with.

so some quests are PHASES conditions to them based on story content progressions and skipping past to oribos earlier then intended made the above occurace happen.

the difficult part for players is their is no indication this is a phases quest that something else needed to be done 1st to unlock that quest part, hence why we were originally suck completing it with no way to tell what was going on. some npcs quest dont show up or are non interactive unless other progressions occur 1st even though their model is in that game spot.

in short have to unlock the fated play route when entering orbios for the 1st time, or have completed the full maw start quest line that ends with your character properly entering oribos for the 1st time so the correct one phased npc 's will appear to unlock the correct shadowlands story progression lines from oribos.

Ive found several quests in the past that have this same issue in various places, need correct progression line unlocks for them to work as intended.

1 Like

same for me :frowning: cant see them

1 Like

If you cannot get the NPCs to talk to you such as BA and Zo isn’t showing up, you must complete the way to Bastion Quest in the ring of Transference, once you do that, and take the quest from the flight Master, by the gate to Bastion, then you can go back and talk to BA and Zo will be where they are supposed to be.

2 Likes

It’s August 26, 2023 and the bug is still not fixed. Unable to complete this or any further questline in Oribos. I’ve searched Google, Wowhead, Icy-Veins and here, and logged a bug report. Reached out for Blizzard support help, but they tell me to search the above (I already did!). This occurred after Blizzard offered my hunter toon a “free” boost to 50. Wish I’d never done that now.

Because Blizzard has locked the “tame undead pet” tome behind the completion of Maldraxxus content (SL content), I need this fixed so I can train to tame undead pets on my hunter…but I can’t get this fixed, so now I can’t tame undead. It’s like a horrible circle of no support from Blizzard.

This is what will eventually kill WoW for me…the lack of support (or in this case, no support). All I got for my support/help ticket was to go look up google, wowhead, etc. C’mon Blizzard, do better. Been here since '08 - worst support now than ever.

1 Like

@Dreamslice-uldum - Were you able to find a fix? You noted that you had to return to your capital city and change to go through the Maw content (instead of the skip that you initially chose). HOW DID YOU GO BACK AND MAKE THE ALTERNATE CHOICE??? If I could figure that out, I’d do it too.

I’ve not, and Blizzard has proven to be useless as far as support of this known bug. Ty in advance for any help!

Same happened here. Pathetic that this is still an issue.

1 Like

[SOLUTION] Progress the main campaign quests to the point where you unlock the Bastion flight path and all the phased NPCs now appear

[SOLUTION] I dropped this quest, went back to Stormwind, talked to Bolovir by the castle steps, accepted the chilling request quest, then did the skip. to Orobos, then got the Threads of Fate quest and skipped the storyline.

3 Likes

Nope. This still doesn’t work. Bolovir is not there. Blizzard really need to fix this terrible expansion with all of its random roadblocks to content. Just open all the zones and let us see what they created. I’ve unlocked it on one character but for the life of me can not get anything in this stupid expansion to work on alts. Shadowlands is terrible for this.

its not bolovir, it’s Highlord Darion Mograine and gives quest A Chilling summons, this is for Alliance so not sure on horde side.

You deserve more likes.

tysm.