Inscription skill unavailable?

From the WoD Scrib’es Quarters there are two items that cost 5 books each. They are Technique: Weapon Crystal and Technique: Ensorcelled Tarot. I am a max WoD scribe and have bought all the other skills. When I buy one of these and then go to learn the ability I receive the message: “This spell is not available to you.”

Anyone know why?

1 Like

I’m having the same problem with the same recipes and found this thread while trying to find an answer. I’m just selling them back for now and holding on to my Secrets of Draenor Inscription until there’s a fix or workaround.

I did the same, sold the recipes back and held onto my books/currency.

I am also having this issue with these recipes and have bug reported it. (Not on this char, but another.) I would recommend doing the same.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/some-wod-crafted-armor-sets-and-weapons-unobtainable-in-shadowlands/657870/47

Yeah, but this IS obtainable, you just can’t scribe it. Did they address that?

You can get the recipe, but you can’t learn it. At least that is how it is with the Engineering version I tried to get on my Hunter. Either way, it isn’t a bug. Blizzard intentionally broke the items and just hasn’t gotten around to removing them from the game.

Thanks for the replies, I’m glad to know it just isn’t an issue on my end. I can get the recipe, but not learn it. No biggie, time to move on.