Insanely clear Blizzard does not care about the Classic community at all

Agreed. I wonder what they could possibly be focused on.

This seems like it is the reason to me. However that logic based on the current situation just makes no sense. I would guess the reason many of those people are are ready to jump down their throats is because they do not say anything. Then they implament something and there is backlash because its not what we expected. Because they let us sit in a vaccum chamber. Fighting each other on the forums over what they might be doing. Rather than talking about the game or in game events.

Its all just a self fulfilling prophecy and self perpetuating cycle of backlash.

Then ironically they just ignore backlash anyway.

I know the convo has moved on but I still wish to respond.

ABK the corporate entity?
Well yeah. Despite corporate personhood they are pretty much focused on keeping investors happy. Financially.

But I guess I have to admit that I’m a shill too since I do believe the Classic team does care. Say what you want about their methods (OMG WHY DISCORD/TWITTER/etc) of communication and the content of that contact (not enough info/no hand tipping/etc) but they do try. And more than ever I empathize with the possible “why” of limited announcements:

I am here for all those experiencing distress.
Free hugs. No cookpot even for you tasty talented Alliance.

I don’t doubt that there are some employees at the company that do care. But, as you said, the company as a whole cares only about their financial gains from the product. Most businesses are in the same boat, but most businesses also put some form of effort towards their customer service so that their company is seen in a good light.

Blizzard knows they have an addictive game, and hence they devote the least resources possible to the game and the customer support/relations possible. They know people will pay up regardless of if they provide a decent, or a poor service, and they choose to continue to provide an incredibly poor service to classic wow as a whole.

So I’m not really sympathetic to the few employees who might have some passion to the game. If I got my car serviced and the mechanic told me he didn’t put any oil in my car but was really sorry because he wanted to do it but his boss told me he had to save money by not providing the service I wanted, I would not walk out of there happy because I knew the employee wanted to do the right thing.

Your hug is waiting for you.
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: