Insanely clear Blizzard does not care about the Classic community at all

It’s definitely about looks and PR not about time. They think it’s better PR wise to say nothing rather than tell us they’re not doing fresh or whatever else.

1 Like

He kind of has though and that’s the point you cant be specific when you dont have details, or dont want those details to be wrong and cause backlash from every revved up dude on the forums like you ready to snap at any blue post.

Thanks a lot for reposting his comments. It might be really helpful for some folks to read it. The example he gave regarding the change to the original plan for SoM characters was a good one. It confirms a facet of what Corpse pointed out:

But that’s for both parties and it was pleasant to see that Aggrend acknowledged that.
They seem to be very careful (or try to be) about what they say. In the case of the most recent blue post in the Wrath Classic forum, they somewhat oddly use the phrase in the first paragraph “the World of Warcraft ecosystem”. That could encompass every iteration of the game including retail. The post goes on immediately to state it does include “both Wrath of the Lich King Classic and Classic Era” so while the DK changes are really only relevant for Wrath Classic, the ban wave of ~120K may very well include all versions of the game based on the verbiage.

My concern is that they keep their cards too close to the vest when a bit of clarity might be helpful to keep up the goodwill. But there’s overreactions to everything in the forum. So I find I gotta agree with Corpse again:

I am currently satisfied with what I am doing in game but I realize others may not be.
Hopefully there is patience or Blizz finds they can say something without giving away too much.

He hasn’t at all. You think an incredibly vague discord chat trying to dance around actually talking about som whilst people are directly asking him for news means anything? :joy::joy::joy: You always astound me with how intelligent you are.

This is my point of view, I believe a simple nod in either direction would atleast appease the people wanting the game for now. As I’ve also stated, no knowledge of what they are planning needs to be dropped either.

But to be fair, blizz does constantly show they could care less about the classic playerbase, so I guess I shouldn’t expect goodwill and the shills like charginchuck can keep giving blizz the 2 thumbs up and a big smile while they repeatedly spit in his face.

Makes no difference. If there’s anything to take away from his statement is that for whatever reason the next season is in early development.

It appears that you’re struggling with understanding what Classic WoW really is. Era is basically a museum piece. I wouldn’t expect any significant changes outside of exploit/bug fixes. Those will be announced when they need to be announced. WotLK is still progressing, and we get Blue Posts whenever they’re ready to announce changes, fixes or updates. What else would they need to communicate? It’s an old game.

SoM2 seems to be speculative from the community standpoint. Blizzard hasn’t said much about what they plan to do with it. An announcement will come when they’re ready.

I believe that Classic+ is a term created by the community, and not Blizzard… Who knows where that’ll go. That being said, it’s not worth getting yourself all worked up over community speculation.

5 Likes

No one cares for Classic+ besides private server players. If you are so upset about the lack of attention you are getting on classic then leave.

It shouldnt be surprising with how toxic classic is that blizzard doesnt " care " about it. Private server mains ruined classic from the beginning. You did it yourselves.

And how do you know that the next season is in development? Who told you that? Or are you just making assumptions based off of nothing at all?

1 Like

Everything is speculation since nothing is confirmed. If I was a betting man I would say it’s in early development based off of Aggrend’s wording. The horses mouth and all.

I don’t think we’ll ever get anything particularly impressive or “new” that feels like Classic, this is it.

I do know that Blizzard is somewhat listening, at least in terms of what will drum up longer sub counts thanks to the HC servers rumored, as well as the increase to classic community numbers, in terms of classic as WotLK is burning people out.

My hopes are, as the community will continually be divided between the first game, the expansion and also retail. When this divide happens, Blizzard is gonna have to figure out what they want to bring to the table in terms of Classic and WotLK, are they gonna push past WotLK into Cata and basically catch up with retail (which would be ridiculous), or are they gonna have to start paying more attention to where the heart of the community lies, CLASSIC.

At the end of WotLK, we’ll definitely see where Blizzard intends to take classic era servers.

Okay cool, so you’re telling me som is in early development, based off a completely nothing statement that didn’t confirm or deny anything at all? Nice.

Given that this isn’t a yearly or every two yearly thing, I have to agree that SoM might never actually happen again since HC seems to be where it’s at though.

With HC, I do hope for Fresh or SoM, which was fun.

1 Like

The Head World of Warcraft Classic Developer made a statement and I’m speculating off of it. It’s probably for the best that you just assume it’s not happening, that way you win either way :smiley:

Exactly, we were given the seasonal model by blizzard, I don’t think it’s a big ask to want blizzard to give a confirmation on their plans when you play a season expecting another one to drop soon after and a month after those servers end you haven’t had any communication at all.

Agree’d, Blizzard hasn’t given us much of anything right now and that’s fine, as someone has mentioned before, this is a museum piece, a benchmark in history for those who have played it before and for those who want to try it to do so given on how different it is.

Blizzard clearly has shown that the best way to give people what they want to is try something new. So why not set up a simple restart on a timed bases that is agreement to experience all content as needed, with the changes to things like AQ40 as I cannot image people wanting to farm for it every time. Maybe they’ll not do anything at all in that particular direction, but they can’t just leave it as is otherwise… What was the point, to put the servers up to shut up the community?

In the meantime you could get 39-49+ friends, pick a low pop faction/cluster from Era’s server options that work best for everyone and start from scratch. Why would a level 1 care about Naxx being open?

By the time you start raiding MC, I promise you wont notice a markedly huge difference in your overall experience. It might even be a little more difficult since I imagine bot gold isnt as easy to come by.

1 Like

And there is no one to carry them through any instances or buy stuff off of. The East Coast PvP clusters are still pretty dead, less than 30 players per side and most seem to be leveling solo.

1 Like

The character models look like cartoon characters the story doesnt make sense they turned off pvp there is no sense of gearing or scaling. Oh wow i got a purple quest reward instead of a blue neat. My damage difference is negligible. Aoe cleaving mobs no difficult encounters leveling etc. Just a different experience entirely.

3 Likes

I haven’t touched Retail since BfA and I was never a raider. I ran into a guy at work who spoke glowingly of Dragonflight raiding. It’s the only reason I ask about that aspect of current WoW, because I am sure as heck going to try it.