Insane Amount of Players

In fairness, the ones that absolutely didn’t see this coming, and had their fingers in their ears when we repeatedly told them it was coming, was blizzard.

1 Like

To be fair to blizz, that only really applies up until the first couple weeks after launch.

After that it’s the players stubbornly sticking to servers like Herod, Fairbanks, and Faerlina even though they had 20k+ queues because “HIGH POP IS BETTER!!!111!111!!one”

I doubt that the number of farmers is a consideration. All Blizzard techs care about is stability and latency.

I am talking about the demand for classic and it’s retainability they refused to acknowledge.

Can’t fix that. You’re on a maximum population server. You’re going to suffer with queues unless you want Blizzard to force server transfers. They won’t do that.

Then there would have been no reason to have queues again since they were queue free for a while now.

It’s mainly for gameplay reasons they don’t want 10k people in the world at once.

Too many people online at the same time will create stability (as in crashes) and latency (as in loot lag) issues. That’s why there are queues. Collapsing players from two layers into one is going to create problems if too many are online at the same time in the remaining one layer. Pretty simple

Okay bud, I don’t care either way. I moved to a lower pop server weeks ago.

same on remulos

Hope you have better luck with that. In retail, Blizz use to designate low pop realms with the New Player tag to boost the realm pops. Good for a temporary boost but the realms usually fell back to low pop status after a while. The only thing that has worked is server mergers aka connected realms.