Inn AFKers, "Q-dodgers"

blizzard are you doing anything to combat/remedy the amount of people that are anti-afking macroing?

24 Likes

Yeah, preferably fix your garbage servers,

18 Likes

Says the man that would undoubtedly do the exact same thing given the chance.

23 Likes

no afk tricks here, been actively playing since launch, just woke up from nap since got d/c’d and had 8 hour Q

2 Likes

I’ve seen a few people in ragefire at like lv. 25+ hmmm

If I keep going back to my.pc to hit buttons is that afk? What if I do it remotely?

6 Likes

Set up a dipping water bird to click a key. Worked back in WoD.

8 Likes

Im sure its the 100 people autorunning into walls causing all the problems and not the 50k people getting home from work and trying to log into Blizzard’s hamster wheel servers right at 5 PM

13 Likes

You can do a pretty easy powershell script too with wscript.shell. Use SendKeys(" ").

1 Like

That’s not nearly as amusing and way more logical.

1 Like

I love it when people that couldn’t program “Hello World!” try to criticize a company of thousands of developers.

11 Likes

Man now I want a dipping bird lmao.

6 Likes

What’s confusing you? The highest players are in the 30s now I believe.

2 Likes

I love it when people make a fool out of themselves by telling an enterprise engineer he couldnt program “hello world” and that figuring out how to make load estimates and scale properly is some herculean task

7 Likes

“An enterprise engineer” define that.

…cause I have all sorts of education but I’m not arrogant enough to think I know better than the people that do this every day for a living.

Tell me Neo. Tell me.

o.0

6 Likes

I’ve always wondered… is it really a violation or a clever loophole?

I know someone mentioned using the drinking bird too… is that legal?

DevOps, architecture, actual development of data collection pipelines, ETL, surfacing, etc for companies larger than Blizzard

But ya i know nothing. Blizzard underestimated or intentionally blew it when it came to scaling. Bet it wasnt the devs either, theyre prolly internally shouting the way i am

You know best tho cause blizz is all geniuses that can never screw up a launch ever

This. Is. My. Job

7 Likes

We went through this with AV in vanilla, it’s against the rules.

2 Likes

I havent had a que at all. Picked a “Low” pop server and its still slam full of people, no que times.

Quest zones are booming.
Trade chat is scrolling as fast as a twitch stream but not toxic and meme-y
Groups and AH are bountiful.

Maybe just dont try to play on maxed out full realms?

4 Likes

I only heard random rumors that it was but never anything confirmed. I can understand entering a BG and going “AFK” but I do not believe many were infracted because my vanilla guild leader got Warlord just by AFKing in AV all day long. He would openly admit that he did it and never got banned, got to keep his title, etc.