Infrared=infradead

good morning all

i started playing recently and got to this quest

it is not something i can do, with the red pulsing lights and all

so, my questions are

is there a way to turn that light off?

if not, can i skip this, or is it essential to the story and gives me another quest i will need?

if i can skip it, where would i pick up the next quest line?

thank you for any help

this quest is part of the main quest chain

i’m not familiar with the quest.
have you poked around in the graphic options to see if there’s anything to make the light tolerable?

You’ll have to do the quest to proceed. There are a couple of things to try:

First, in the General Accessibility settings under options, there’s an option for Enable Photosensitivity Mode. I’d try that.

You can also try typing the following into chat:
/console ffxglow 0

That can sometimes remove annoying glow effects.

If those don’t help, you might want to try posting in the UI and Macro forum to see if anyone there has any solutions.

Finally, if none of that works, I’d report it to Blizzard’s accessibility team through the e-mail in the linked article.

awesome. thank you

tried all of it and it still messes with me

is it just the goblins that have to do this, or is it every hunter?

and, is there somewhere for me to go and look for good info like this?

there are so many sites, it is hard to find anything useful

wowhead is the “go to” for pretty much everything.

if you don’t use an adblocker on your browser, (which you should regardless) then download something like uBlock … the website has a LOT of ads. :expressionless:

when you go to wowhead, there is a section towards the bottom of each page with various tabs, like “see also”, “videos”, “screenshots”, “comments”.
the comments tab is where you will get the most valuable info.
comments are listed by date/patch number, so you can tell that you’re always getting the most recent info.
if there are issues with a quest, people will post details about work-arounds.

yes.

however, if you choose Exiles Reach when you first enter the world, you can avoid the goblin starting zone.