Infinite Timereaver? Unfair

No I say the worst part is it should be on the Cata TW vendor for 5000 badges, especially since Cata is the only one without a mount.

Blizzard just loves torturing people with RNG.

8 Likes

I got mine in legion but I would easily trade it for a blue proto drake. I have a DH parked there just to farm it

I presently have 461 unique mounts and I have all the vendor TW mounts, toys, and pets including the WoD ones that just came out. Yet, I don’t have the Infinite Timereaver yet either. It is pretty depressing, but RNG is RNG. I would argue, however, that grinding the Island Expedition mounts is worse. At least, all TW bosses have a chance to drop this mount. To get the IE ones, the right island or invasion needs to be up and only then do you get a chance at one of the given mounts.

3 Likes

Isn’t that available from TW tokens as well? I got drop on one of my two accounts.

I would give up mine, 90% of the drakes are way too dated looking and he’s not an exception.

You have the same chances as everyone else. Can’t get more fair then that.

5 Likes

I think all “chance to drop” mounts should have a secondary albeit grindy avenue to get them. I mean I do not mind someone getting lucky, hell I got my reaver this last TW cycle (woot), but I’ve given up on quite a few horseman im looking at you “chance to drop” mounts.

1 Like

Have;

• Headless Horseman
  • Attumen’s fiery horse
  • Swift Zulian Tiger
  • Woolly White Rhino (unlearned, sitting in bank)
  • Grumpus (same)

Still need/want;

• Ashes of A’lar
  • Invincible
  • Love Rocket

Just comes down to luck and dedication.

2 Likes

I’ve never even seen it drop so at least consider the fact that you’re 4 times luckier than I am.

It’s not a joke, nor is it unfair. It’s RNG. That’s all. Let’s not go overboard.

I’ve wanted it since day one of its existence and worked to try to get it on multiple characters. Still nothing. But I’m at least capable of recognizing that I simply have crappy luck.

1 Like

Drink

I’ve been running the headless horseman since it came out waiting for my mount to drop. Still am. My wife had had it drop there times just since we’ve been together (she had it before we met). RNG is not an issue of fairness. Everyone had the same chance of it dropping.

1 Like

You know what’s funny? I invited a buddy to do the very first Timewalking of BFA and he had never done Timewalking before. This was his first time and guess what - he gets the Timereaver. That’s fair and unfair at the same time - it’s RNG.

Luckily I had gotten the Timereaver in Legion so I was way more happy for him than I would’ve been if I didn’t have it.

1 Like

It’s aptly named. It will destroy your time if you obsess about it.

It isn’t going to drop for you, so stop trying. You can’t work harder to win the lottery.

i was lucky and got it the first year. if i am not mistaken, that year let you run it over and over again until you got what you wanted. it wasnt a 1 time per day.

i was missing the brewfest kodo, which i got this year. ran it on 8 toons, and finally got it.

Yeah you used to be able to run it as much as you wanted but the trick was to find people that put up with that. You could only summon the HHM once a day per character.

I got the mount in 2010 when there was some weird bug where the helm and mount’s drop chance was flipped.

You can’t always get what you waaaant~~
You can’t always get what you waaaaaant~~

I lament that we live in an age where not getting what one wants is considered unfair.

3 Likes

Every generation had that, just some like to pretend that they didn’t.

1 Like

Nah, not every age. Every age in modern history? Yes, definitely. But there was definitely a time in human history where having enough to eat, having clean water and a warm place to sleep, and being able to sleep through the night without worrying about being killed in your sleep was what qualified as wants.

The things we want in modern society are so utterly trivial. -_-

1 Like

You’re really grasping here. >.>

But to humor you, it existed in the dark ages too, but manifested differently.

1 Like