Infinite Timereaver? Unfair

Let me start by saying this mount is a joke. I love it so much but it’s unfair. Even with its “low” drop chance, I’ve seen it drop four times. None mine. I have been trying to get this mount for 4 years…well June 23 2019 will be exactly 4 years. I’ve killed well over 10,000 bosses…I’ve asked people I have seen get it or people I see have it, and they all say they got it within a month. My bf was running time walking with me a year after it came out, because he never did it. The mount drops for him on his first dungeon, last boss. It seems like the people who don’t want it or don’t try are the ones that get it. 4 years? 10,000+ bosses and still going? Pretty sure with this much effort I should have gotten it by now. This is just ridiculous, I don’t know how I haven’t given up yet.
Anyone else out there have this problem to!? And congrats if you got it! You must be lucky lol

30 Likes

Wow, just 4 years?

I’ve been trying to get the headless horseman mount for over a decade, lmao.

Rng gonna rng my dude, nothing to do about it.

56 Likes

Same story with me, although I’m not at 10k bosses, more than 3k yeah, but I started TW when it came out too.

Seen it 6 times.

It’s beyond ridiculous. One person in my group had it during cata tw, I told him to put it away…he said it took him 7k kills.

Rarity shows when you start the addon…0/4000 attempts. and People are way over that.

3 Likes

I feel ya. I love that mount, but there is no way I would put myself through the nightmare of trying to get it.

I saw it drop once the first time we ran the TWing raid… And it went up for roll for the guild… And it wasn’t me.

Sadly, dumb luck is the cornerstone of this game when it comes to rewards like that.

5 Likes

TW has only been out for ~4 years. Headless horseman, you can run 50 toons a day for the duration of the event, and it takes but 5 minutes each time. That’s on one account too. But yeah, i agree, there are mounts that are beyond ridiculous.

3 Likes

undeserved luck more like it, someone who is a twink for tw and hard carries people so they can level and what not and have fun (i have fun too), but…it’s their first kill in their first tw dungeon, from the first boss and it drops for them…also, the person just started wow like in legion and only has 4k cheeve points.

"Oh, look a mount, cool, must be pretty common’

4 Likes

I personally don’t put any stock in “rarity” when it comes to mounts. I see a mount I like and I like it, that’s as far as it goes. The love rocket? Couldn’t care less about it because it’s not my kind of thing. Infinite Timereaver or the Island Thunderscale? Yes please.

5 Likes

Ive seen more horsemen drop than rockets or timereavers. I always start out the holidays believing that this is the year it happens. By the start of the last week morale is so low that i question why i try for the mounts.

7 Likes

HOWEVER…just remembered…the anniversary event will reward players with the DW mount and pet. infinite timereaver can take a back seat to that mount

4 Likes

I would argue it’s the best mount in the game. I got him randomly. I wouldn’t grind for him.

1 Like

Don’t even get me started on the Baron’s mount…

2 Likes

It has exactly the same chance to drop for every person in the group. It couldn’t be more fair.

7 Likes

The worst part about it is that it actually is such an AMAZINGLY beautiful model. It’s something you really want to try and get… and there’s really nothing you can do to better your chances.

The drop rate is so low, that grinding your face off to get it doesn’t really help much. I would advise you just do the 5 for the quest, maybe 1-2 extra for badges on alts, and then stop.

When it was released, I read how rare it was and immediately put it out of my head. Just told myself there wasn’t such a mount and moved on. I think I had MAYBE 100 Boss kills when mine dropped. I was giddy like a child for at least a week.

disclaimer: I was so happy because I love the model. And I love it… because I love it. Has nothing to do with how rare or how common it is. I am ADAMANTLY opposed to ultra-uber-stupid rare items like this. I think 1% is as rare as anything needs to be. If people want to set a goal and work towards it, it should be encouraged. This is a GAME, after all.

In fact, I have long gone on record that rare items should have a 1% drop rate, and every time you make an attempt, the drop rate should go up 1%. I think after 100 runs OF ANYTHING … you’ve earned it.

10 Likes

Infinite Timereaver was definitely my white whale for a while. Saw the damn thing drop 17 times for other players before I got mine.

Got to be known as a joke in my guild. You want a Timereaver? Run a few TW with Shar, you’ll get it.

4 Likes

Yeah I have been running TW dungeons since they started, too, and I saw it drop once. I wish I would get it so I could quit doing TW. There are so many old things I’m farming and I just want to get past it all so I can focus on just playing instead of what feels to me like weekly chores. It’s so time consuming and boring across multiple chars. :tired_face:

3 Likes

You get better odds of being a pure DPS class for it to drop.

Tanks and heals have a worst time because they help pull the group through the dungeon.

By the way I’m being sarcastic…I think.

I’m in the same boat as you. 4 toons every TW. Tank and healer both run multi runs after completing the weekly 5. I have yet to see it drop for anyone.

2 Likes

every mount in the game has a 50/50 drop rate tho

Pretty sure since it came out it has been personal loot.
Oh my bad didn’t see raid.

I kind of like that one but when it comes to things like that I ask myself it is worth devoting so much of my time farming for that and the answer always comes back no.

So if I get it the odd time I go into timewalking dungeons fine, if not fine too.

1 Like