Infernals in Cenarion Hold

If this was only happening on PVP servers, it’s whatever. Dying from player shenanigans is part of being on a PVP server. If it’s happening on PVE servers, then it’s a problem and needs to be fixed. People play on PVE servers in order to avoid this sort of thing.

1 Like

at war with cenarion hold and kill the guards?? once you get your earthstrike they are a useless faction

tbc has cenarion expedition so even if you are hated by them they dont serve any purpose

Guards being bugged is guards being bugged regardless of server type and not pvp happened on a pvp server.

3 Likes

Yes, but on a PVP server you have the option of killing the player causing the bugging. You can’t on a PVE server. So it’s still different in my opinion.

1 Like

You don’t though because the option of killing the other player is Immediate death by guards and its not the player bugging the guards, its a blizzard caused issue that a player is exploiting.

3 Likes

This tbh.

I’d add, having, you know, hypothetically, done this multiple times in response to degenerate alliance kiting the horde field duty npc all over kalimdor, that It’s not even consistently causing the guard aggro to people, but rather something like 6 in 10 of targets hit get aggrod on and murdered. It’s very inconsistent.

If it was happening on PvE servers and the target wasn’t flagged then there would have to be something VERY broken somewhere in the code, because when you try and cast hostile spells at someone not flagged, it treats it just like it would as if it were someone on your faction. Even AoE effects don’t hit them if they aren’t flagged.

This is believable. Until someone can test it, we can’t know for sure. I have low level warlocks so I can’t help.

1 Like

Tbh I’m in the same boat. I’m not doing it now, because I’m not a scumbag, but if blizz refuses to fix it you gotta do what you gotta do.

Yeah because you’re not engaging in pvp. You’re forcing the target to engage in combat with the infernal, and the guards attack the target.

So exploits and obvious bugs are ok on pvp servers but not pve? Players on pvp servers “signed up” for pvp, not exploiters killing them with no recourse.

No you don’t, if it’s within Cenarion Hold the guards just slaughter you again.

1 Like

#nochanges. We want and like our game broken and unplayable.

And if this isn’t how it worked in vanilla?

The guards are bugged and unless fully fixed for all situations it should be tolerated as a carry over from vanilla.

I’ve been killed because I entered town with lightening shield on, alliance hit me and guard killed me due to the damage proc. I’ve also been killed dropping a poison cleansing totem to get a mob’s poison off me in booty bay.

I don’t agree with this argument because the question is not if there is any possible pvp solution to this. Sure you could kill the player that is summoning an infernal, but that is pretty much irrelevant to what is happening.

Guards should not be attacking you in Cenarion hold unless you have performed a hostile action. This is a bug that is caused by the interaction of the Infernal’s aoe aura/ability and the Cenarion Hold guards. Whether it involves and sort of pvp or not doesn’t matter.

It is a bug within the game and it should not be happening regardless if there is any possible pvp solution available. Players shouldn’t have to find work arounds to bugs in the game, the bugs should be fixed.

4 Likes

this is really fun to do. I think it should be left in :). The infernal has a 1hr CD at least. lol this is great!

2 Likes

I am 100% sure blizzard will never fix it, so just do as you wish.
In Cata/MoP Ret paladins could use guardian of the ancient kings for the same purpouse, you summon guardian, use a skill on the player, the guardian will attack said player and then guards proceed to attack the guardian’s target killing the player that never attacked anyone.
What blizzard did?
They remove the skill from ret and holy in wod lol.

Huge issue from this exploit.

See here: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/exploit-summoning-infernal-on-non-flagged-players-in-cenarion-hold-causes-guards-to-attack-non-flagged-players

1 Like

Why on earth did you create a duplicate thread on the subject?

Because they want their thread to be the one with the views and responses. It is an internet cred thing.

Must be why all the Arugal spamming was going on.

Everyone wanted their thread to be the one everyone else flocked to, while ignoring the fact it was spam and against forum rules.

2 Likes

Based and summon pilled.