Infernal bolt macro

can anyone help me with the infernal bolt macro cast at cursor (when it procs) {demonology}

That’s as simple as it gets. Let me know if it needs other functionality.

#showtooltip
/cast [@cursor] Infernal Bolt

will that work tho. cause its in place of shadowbolt it will randomy turn to infernal from shadowbolt

#showtooltip
/cast [@cursor] [] Shadow Bolt

What makes Inferno Bolt a ground targeted spell? I’m not seeing anything about that on the Secrets of the Coven tooltip.

Sorry, I assumed it was a ground targeted spell because he was asking for it to be a cursor macro, but I am not familiar with Warlock spells.

Alvestam, @cursor will only work with spells like Blizzard or Flamestrike where you get the green targeting circle. If Infernal Bolt doesn’t do that, then it won’t work. Can you elaborate on what you’re looking for? Does it just not cast when it changes from Shadowbolt?

i dont think it will work now i think of it. …kinda hard to explain but shadowbolt changes to inferal bolt if you do spells a certain way. its all good

If you’re talented into Secrets of the Coven and Mother of Chaos procs then Shadow Bolt changes to Inferno Bolt.

The part I’m confused about is…

when there’s no indication in the spell tooltip that it’s anything other than a targeted spell.

Infernal Bolt
40 yd range
2 sec cast
Requires Warlock
Hurl a bolt enveloped in the infernal flames of the abyss, dealing (347.703% of Spell power) Fire damage **to your enemy target** and generating 3 Soul Shards.

emphasis mine.

Macros cannot read your buff state. Write the macro with the base spell and when it upgrades to the other, it will automatically know to cast that upgraded one. And if it doesn’t work, it’s a bug because it works for everything else.