Inexpensive Gaming Computer

always had driver and compatibility issues with amd

you’re recommending an over 10 year old processor?

and a motherboard that uses DDR2 ram?

Oof. That’s worse than the comp I just got rid of. :flushed:

he needs a cheap pc , this is a cheap pc … although its 10 years , but it works fine… wow isnt a render heavy /image synthesis stress game

I don’t know why anyone would pay that much for a decade old system. I’m not sure it’s wise to recommend something that old, either. It’ll run, but not optimally and won’t load as fast. Which would frustrate anyone just starting out.

That’s fair then actually. I initially had alot of trouble with my last amd computer, got it working fine but I understand where you’re coming from.

it has an ssd with an 8gb memory… itll load just fine

sure go ahead and slap that stick of 8gig DDR4 into a DDR2 motherboard and see how well it works

All of this stuff seems way expensive for this purpose. My wife and I are running two year old black Friday Walmart specials for $500 a piece and they run wow at max settings at around 100 FPS. You don’t need much for this game.

If your GF has fiber optic internet (e.g. Verizon Fios), you could try out cloud computing provided by Shadow if its available in your area. https://shadow.tech/usen/ While there are other alternatives, Shadow seems to be the only one making real headway in the field.

It’s basically a cloud based gaming PC that costs somewhere in the area of 25$ a month. It can be used with other internet types but fiber seems to be the best choice for the least amount of latency. I think I heard they had some sort of trial (not sure if its still available) and your GF could use her current laptop as the interface and still play games that require a higher end gaming rig.

It’s something to check out if nothing else. I’ve been considering trying it out myself when I finally run my current PC into the ground.