Ineffable truth nerf

So with the imminent ineffable truth nerf, does anyone know if it would be more worth while to buy a couple rank 1 severe corruptions from the vendor instead of saving for the next ineffable truth sale?

For what spec?

Holy. My apologies for not specifying

I would post on my pally but it is the only toon that blizz won’t let me swap to on the website for some reason.

IT still has a lot of value for holy. Glimmer+Holy shock is our bread and butter and the 3 ways we get more of them out is throw crusader strike, Holy Avenger, and Avenging Wrath. All of which are on cooldowns so CDR is great for holy shock. The nerf will make it so that crusader strike will only reduce the CD of holy shock by 1.5 seconds and not 1.5 seconds*(1+CDR%).

Which is a nerf but not a huge one IMO. Stat amps will be more consistent. And even then you’ll want to shot for a haste break point then go for crit.

I thought i should be shooting for 40% crit > haste> mast > vers.
which haste break points should i look for?

I believe crit is favored for m+ but it’s still important to hit haste break points. Holy isn’t my main jam but the website wingsisup is a great resource.

Edit: The website suggests haste 22-25%>crit 40% > vers > haste past 25% > int > mastery

interesting. so haste 25%+, crit 40%, ineffable truth to around 100% i assume.
I wonder how strike through factors in.

You can’t handle the truth!

1 Like

Ineffable will be good for all Paladin specs in pvp. I would only use rank 1 tho.

They changed their mind about the nerf. It’s a not a ‘‘bug’’ anymore

1 Like

wait, so I can save up my stuff for when Ineffable truth comes back around to MOTHER?

If they don’t end up nerfing it before that happens.

Pretty much. Only rank 1 is worth stacking tho.

You need rank 2 to cap corruption.

Yeah if you’re stacking rank 1 you’re going to be way under corruption cap.

If you’re cloak is maxed right now you can afford to have rank1 x6 and rank2 x2 and be at 39 corruption exactly

I’ve seen you in a couple of threads here discussing Ret Mastery as well. Is Ineffable Truth not good for Ret PVE? I figure the reduced time between AW and other CDs would be > than the additional mastery.

For single target pve rank 1 IT and haste% are bis. For cleaving pve mastery% is king.

475+ Stars actually pulls ahead of everything single target, but not by much. But that’s only if you’re fighting something with zero adds and the fights going to last long enough to get a bunch of 10 stack stars procs. But that’s so situational, isn’t it?

And TD actually pulls ahead of mastery a little bit for cleaving, but mastery is never going to fly off into space and do nothing and you’re not totally gimping yourself single target either.

1 Like