Increase Subscription prices

I think it’s time that Blizzard increased the price of subscription prices + the cost of expansions. It’s pretty clear that World of Warcraft is expensive to maintain and make new content. Increasing the cost of subscriptions to $20 per month will dramatically increase the quality and quantity of content. Along with the increased cost of baseline expansions should be $60 at the very least. Increasing costs will help put more money into development.

Lots of complaints today are about the lack of quality/content. I think this is because the price module is outdated and needs to reflect modern society. WoW’s subscription and expansion costs have stayed the same since debut. Content should come out more frequently and quality should be increased. The only way to do this is to make the game a bit more expensive to offset the cost.

Please take this into consideration Blizzard. $5 extra a month is not a big deal and would add up fast for the entire community. It’s only fair that I ask you to increase pricing for increased quantity/quality of content produced. Thank you.

14 Likes

As troll-baity as this topic is… unfortunately I have to agree with you.

Blizzard has already raised the sub fees in all other regions of the world years ago and even recently increased it for Canadan players last year, the fact that the $15 per month subfee hasn’t kept up with inflation over the past 16 years… unfortunately the sorry state that World of Warcraft has become where quality is seemingly made on a dime, and we’ve lost customer satisfaction features such as Live Phone support and the overall in-game GM presence stripped down to essentially a skeleton crew… I think if they do raise subs, it would be warranted.

However if they do raise subcosts, I’d like for it to include a guarantee or promise that the sub will only go towards improving World of Warcraft and/or the customer experience, as I’d hate for the sub to instead be redirected towards other Blizzard titles I don’t care about, or worse, towards Activision titles or Bobby’s coffers.

According to the U.S. BUREAU OF LABOR STATISTICS (https://www.bls.gov/)'s inflation chart over time and calculator, the sub fee of $15 in Nov 2004 should be ~20.66 in Feb 2021, so in otherwords, we should be paying $20 to 21 per month if wow kept up with inflation.

I know that $21 sounds expensive for a 16 year old game, especially if you consider the sorry current state it’s in as the result of features and quality being stripped away over the years, however instead you’d have to just hope that for $21 per month, you’d get an equally/comparable quality game present as you did in the past.

7 Likes

Couldn’t really fault them if they did increase the sub prices at this point, but:

The cost of WoW expansions is already preposterous.

36 Likes

They could’ve used Bobby Kotick’s bonus on the game.

Edit: After a while, I learned it was a benefit in stocks, so they could not have actually used the money. I had a hard time finding that information. I admit I was wrong now.

60 Likes

I highly highly doubt if the sub price increased, the game or the time to make content would stay the same.

4 Likes

It’s adorable you all think that increasing sub costs would do anything to help the game at this point. Then again, this is just another low rent troll.

87 Likes

RIP OP.. the unwashed masses are assembling at your doorstep.

2 Likes

bobby will just take more money.

instead, wow should go just selling expansions and major patches. if thats even possible. my friends might actually play the game.

5 Likes

Honestly with the great quality of this game and inflation adjustments, this game is surely a bang for your buck type deal.

I wouldn’t mind paying extra for blizzard to make this game even more incredible than it already is!

1 Like

Make the game bigger and better and THEN charge more. You can’t ask disgruntled customers to give you more money, lol. After losing almost 50% of subscriptions post-SL launch? Not the time to say “Pay even more for the game you are bored with!”

23 Likes

They likely spend less on the games upkeep than they did in 2004

29 Likes

Source required.

13 Likes

Honestly they’d probably just siphon off money into CoD development and Bobby’s yacht.

30 Likes

LLOILOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLL

This is a troll thread right? I think the problem is a lot of players of WoW are simply younger and accustomed to Blizzard’s horrendous patch cycle of 1 patch every 3 months (if you’re lucky) and only every other patch actually providing new content.

That kind of content update isn’t worth $5 a month, let alone the amount players pay now. There is ABSOLUTELY no reason to increase sub rates. This wasn’t always the case. There was a time when MMOs with monthly subscriptions actually offered monthly content updates. WoW actually was the outlier at the time of its release with its horrendous quarterly updates.

16 Likes

I think there should be more a la carte pricing.

$15/month sub for the ‘basic’ package.

Add in an additional $3/month if you want to do raid content (including LFR) or m+ or arena.

That way, Blizzard can justify to the beancounters the amounts that they spend on high end content that only a relative few care about or participate in.

6 Likes

Here i fixed that for you

10 Likes

Is it sunday already?

1 Like

Yeah no, don’t give them any ideas.

2 Likes

Having more money for development doesn’t necessarily mean that it will actually be put into development.

8 Likes

They make more money than any other mmorpg at 15$ per month sub as well as practically every game ever created.

The sub price is not why you get weak expansions and horrible customer service. Its corporate greed.

17 Likes