Incoming healing buffs

Another healing surge buff. Perhaps it will compensate for the upcoming swirling currents nerf or it was simply that bad. Chain buff is always welcome.

Edit: I forgot healing wave. Yeah that’s always nice too but it’s still just a “Use with primordial wave + nature’s swiftness” spell. Maybe an awkward “I’m oom but can’t drink” spell. More swirling currents compensation. I’m not convinced +20% healing stream totem healing is going to be worth 2 talent points. Perhaps the boost to cloudburst for lel pve

Rain buff I don’t personally care about. They can do whatever with it and I’ll still be waiting for them to make it instant cast.

• SHAMAN 10.0.7 patch notes
    • Earth Elemental and Primal Earth Elemental no longer taunt or pulse threat to enemies the Shaman is not in combat with.
    • Earth Elemental and Primal Earth Elemental no longer taunt or pulse threat to enemies that are attacking a player with a tank specialization.
      • Developer’s notes: We have reverted this change to Earth Elemental and Primal Earth Elemental after reviewing feedback we’ve received.
    • Swirling Currents has been redesigned – Increases the healing done by Healing Stream Totem and Cloudburst Totem by 10%/20% for Restoration and 20%/40% for Elemental and Enhancement.
    • Fixed an issue causing the self-cast version of Earth Shield from Elemental Orbit to not increase the healing done by Healing Stream Totem or Healing Tide Totem.
    • Several talents have moved positions in the class tree.
    • Earthgrab Totem now replaces Earthbind Totem. Earthgrab Totem is now the left-most option.
    • Shamans that are in Ghost Wolf now display the Maelstrom resource on their Personal Resource Display instead of mana if they are Elemental specialization.
    • Elemental
      • Electrified Shocks duration increased to 9 seconds (was 6 seconds).
      • Fixed an issue that sometimes prevented Electrified Shocks from applying to the primary target.
    • Restoration
      • A choice node has been added below Mana Tide Totem:
        • New Talent: Resonant Waters – Increases the duration of Mana Tide Totem by 4 seconds and increases its radius by 20 yards.
        • New Talent: Spiritwalker’s Tidal Totem – After using Mana Tide Totem, the cast time of Healing Wave and Chain Heal is reduced by 50% and the mana cost of Healing Wave and Chain Heal are reduced by 50% for 10 seconds.
      • All healing done increased by 8%.
      • Acid Rain damage reduced by 20%.
      • Ancestral Awakening heals for 15%/30% of the amount healed (was 10%/20%).
      • Earthen Harmony has been redesigned – Earth Shield reduces damage taken by 3%/6% and its healing is increased by 50%/100% on targets below 75% health.
      • Cloudburst Totem healing no longer contributes to Ancestral Guidance.
      • Ancestral Awakening and Ancestral Guidance now contribute to Cloudburst Totem healing.
      • Earthliving Weapon’s proc sound effect has been lowered in volume.

Wow ok, in the recent 10.0.7 update they added a flat 8% buff to all healing? That’s like a 10%+ healing buff if it goes live along with the recent hotfix

6% damage reduction on earthshield with Earthen Harmony. That’s something I’ve seen asked for numerous times. It lost the stack adding effect with HW/HS, but I doubt anyone cares that much.

They are really trying to push that new mana tide talent.

1 Like

SL resto was so much fun. Too powerful, absolutely, but perhaps they could have baked in our S4 4pce with a cooldown into our tree.

Still feeling pretty gutted without it.

The 4p was a crutch to patch shamans bad tool kit. Shamans greatest weakness (in pvp) is having to cast often so of course firing out instant chain heals will shore that up. The other weaknesses were no strong external to save people, no way to mitigate stuns, and limited defensives/cc. I honestly think the mobility sucks too despite ghost wolf. You’re always slowed so moving at 100% in wolf feels like nothing, and it’s not like you can stay in wolf for long without falling behind dramatically.

They finally gave back NS (but without primordial wave is does almost nothing), gave resto thunderstorm+lasso, gave us double self-shields, made a bunch of pvp talents baseline talents, and even added back gust of wind for a tiny bit of mobility. The toolkit has improved a LOT in DF yet resto still feels clunky. It’s still terrible at dealing with bursts of damage. Most bursts will force out CDs until you quickly have nothing. It’s probably intended to be shamans weakness or they think the mastery is somehow enough to mitigate it.

They are buffing astral in 10.0.7. As nice as that is, it still feels like all shaman specs need another defensive to help stay alive. So often it’s “kill blue”, astral gets forced out and then there is nothing. At least resto has pseudo defensives in double earth and link. I doubt having to use static field totem defensively as enh/ele along with totemic projection to bounce people away was what they envisioned.

I’m still waiting on instant cast rain. I’d love if healing wave could be incorporated more into the spec somehow. NS + PW cds shouldn’t be the only time we use it. Tidal Waves isn’t enough, especially in pvp.