Incentive to World PvP

This is for people who spend time with war mode on so if you are not one of these people, disregard.

Outside of the FFA world quests, we practically have no reason to do world pvp. The crate spawns are in my opinion awefully slow and theres really no where that screams Alliance vs Horde fight here, there, or this place.

I would like to see a bit more incentive to do world pvp whether it be mounts, titles, or other goods. Arenas and Battlegrounds are well and good but sometimes I really just don’t wanna sit for 6, 10, 30, 45 minute ques or LFG just to do player vs player.

I remember back in Cata, MoP, and Shadowlands there were always “those places” where you’d see players out having large scale engagements or skirmishes. Those were actually fun! Even rewarding if a player or two got the bounty tag. But now its just FFA or nothing really.

Thoughts?

2 Likes

As long as there are rogues and hunters that appear out of stealth to work you over in the blink of an eye, world pvp will never be popular.

Thank god Ashes of Creation won’t have this type of stealth in their game. I hated it in every MMORPG I played from Ultima Online and Dark Age of Camelot to this game.

Yeah, that is rather annoying. Maybe stealth in its current iteration can work fine with day/night cycles.

WPvP, in all its glory, is meant to be chaotic and wild though.

If you enjoyed it, you would do it. If you need a reward, then you arent doing it for any other reason than the reward and rewards can be gotten other places, right?
Ths game is practically in maintenance mode. They arent developing for an activity so few people participate in. PvP servers were removed due to lack of interest, remember?

…was this the reason? Do you have a source for this?

I thought it was that there are so many dead realms, that offering a Warmode system allowed people to participate regardless of realm. Also, faction balance.

Emerald Dream, the big RPPvP server was balanced and high pop up until Blizzard decimated it with sharding / Warmode etc.

Players also rallied to get RPPvP added to classic at launch. A lot of the players I used to know from Emerald Dream moved to classic, since Blizzard didn’t cater to them anymore.

I think there’s definitely still interest, Blizzard has just removed the medium.

1 Like

So much interest that there hasnt been a new PvP battleground developed in almost a decade? PvP is not and hasnt been popular in retail WoW in a very long time.

Yeah, for reasons like the op stated.

There is chaos and then there’s cheapness

1 Like

I think you have no basis for that opinion beyond your own biases tbh.

In the above official blue poll, Dragonflight PvP was the number two rated activity for “favourite things to do” in WoW.

If pvp was less CD trading, then it might spark some extra interest. Haven’t felt the need to get invested in WoWs PVP since WoD, and even then it was very bursty.

To be fair that is not scientific… When any alt can vote… All you need is motivation

I literally just said:

that is the basis I listed in the same post you quoted…

Address the poll I linked.

No BGs being added could be an example of a lot of things, including PvP simply being underserved.

I did.

I don’t know about her but I did

Warmode just needs to be renamed “leveling mode”. Turn it on for your alts people, i promise you that you won’t see a single other soul for hours and hours and hours, its worth it for the extra exp. I only saw one person from the other faction leveling last week, they ignored me lol

Sharding ruined WPvP a lot. There is no point of participating in any of the skirmishes, because you will not see those players again.

1 Like

Why would you even shard warmode? That seems weird