Inappropriately early 11.0 speculation

Hey all,

I’ve been enjoying Dragonflight and I hope you are, too.

That said, rampant ramblings and (possibly) spurious spoilers ahead :0

I’ve been maining Evoker and am hyped for the new spec, which as you know is the first official support spec. Yes, we’ve had support-ish specs (I even made a support Death Knight build in Wrath)… but this is different.

The little peeks into potential futures from store items, the trading post, flavor text, NPCs in patch hubs and other obscurities hint at big exploration to come.

My current speculative musings follow a bit of Taliesen’s line of thinking (from a recent video) – that we may be going to the other side of Azeroth and it will be BIG.

Explorers, privateers, diplomats – these are archetypes that a new class (or spec) would fit in great with: Bard.

Yes, we don’t often get new classes back to back. No, balance isn’t really an issue. Thing is, Dragonflight is offering up A LOT of “they never did THIS before” moments.

In terms of class fantasy, it is a beloved, time-honored character type that we’re missing… and it often leans towards support (at least in the context of Tank/DPS/Heal/Support).

Will we get this, even if it’s a class skin or they blantantly copy Final Fantasy and make it a hunter spec?

Or, perhaps, a profession that any class can take and use as a universal 4th spec? THAT would be another new area to explore for sure.

Blizzcon in November… half a year and 11.0 will likely be revealed.

I feel like we’ll have to see a few more specs at least, a bit more support, if that experiment works out?

What do you want to see?

2 Likes

Give me bard or give me death, goddammit.

3 Likes

I really hope we do get bards. During my brief time over in Rift, that’s what I played and it was a lot of fun. My thinking is that as long as Augmentation doesn’t completely mess the bed, we might actually get 'em; they’ve certainly been teasing enough.

Though I’d also be down for bards being a new ranged Rogue spec instead of their own proper class.

1 Like

What i want to know is, would we enjoy a build mechanic like in Tears of the kingdom?

1 Like

That would be wild.

I still love the brilliance of the Monk’s design, drawing on classic fighting games and Kung-Fu flicks. So good.

I bet a Tinker class that draws other beloved games/genres would be great fun.

Or, for some wild building, a new profession or revamp of engineering, perhaps. Maybe a secondary prof since it would be more universal e.g. like cooking.

1 Like

Tinker would work well.

Artillerist, Mechanist, Steam-Warrior.

Artillerist relies upon Totem-like turrets and mid-to-long range engagement to create wide damage splashes and large single-target damage, effectively the ‘R-DPS’ specc. A small selection of alchemical and technomagical ammunition allows for an equally short range of effects to these attacks. Alchemical ammo can set targets on fire, poison them or render them confused or dazed. Techno-magical ammo can freeze them in place, dispel magical effects or penetrate magical barriers.

Mechanist uses small robots and gadgets to support and assist their allies, functioning as a healer whose robots provide mobile, and this is important, support effects. Magnet-o-bot aids a tank with additional armor aura, Heal-o-tron supports a healer by providing additional alchemical healing to the healer’s target, Slash-o-tron assists a melee dps by attacking their target alongside them, dealing a small amount of bleeding and reducing armor by a small %.

Steam Warrior is the M-DPS specc, cladding the Tinker in a suit of pholigoston-powered armor and weapon and allowing the Tinker to perform superhuman feats of strength and endurance, but the Steam Warrior has to manage their heat-levels. Venting excess heat refreshes the Steam Warrior’s abilities, but also leaves them immobilized, albeit in a cloud of super-heated steam. Shredding blades, crushing claws, electrified armor plates, short-range guns and short-lived venting of pressurized steam to jet towards an enemy or away from a dangerous location. Functions in visual terms a lot like the Drathyr’s natural form for transmog.

2 Likes

Would love to see elf tree regrown

1 Like

If we’re talking locations?

A good chunk of the Kaldorei plant the reborn World Tree on the stump of Teldrassil and watch as the tree starts to grow with sudden vigor, slowly spreading vines and roots across and into the charred stump as the moon overheads turns from black to a pure, brilliant white unseen anywhere else on Azeroth. The Kaldorei see this as a sign of Elune’s renewed attention and favour in their people, and celebrate as a new surge of Wisps, Ancients and Owlbears are seen across the land. The lack of Dryads and Keepers, however, is seen as an ill omen, and many Kaldorei fear that Malfurion choosing to stay in the Shadowlands has angered or offended their beloved Cenarius, and fear a growing divide between their former allies and their newly reborn kingdom.

A smaller portion are sick of it all, however, and move to Duskwood to settle around the Emerald Gate in the center of the region, stating they don’t believe Tyrande can, or will, protect them since she left them all to save Malfurion, and start a ‘Little Teldrassil’ all of their own. Unwilling to share borders with the Horde and refusing to move away from the strongest defenders within the Alliance, the Kaldorei of Little Teldrassil instead turn their Druidic mastery and keen hunting skills to use for the Acting Regent of Stormwind, doing much to help restore Westfall to some semblance of usefulness and driving Kobolds, Gnolls and Defias hold-outs either out of Alliance territory or into a shallow mass grave.

Tensions between the two camps are, to be blunt, coldly polite at best, despite overtures from Tyrande, Shandris and Jarod Shadowsong, with the two groups of Kaldorei remain stubbornly opposed to each other’s goals

The Ren’dorei move to the mostly-abandoned town of Darkshire and make it their new home, needing time and space away from the Light to truly come to terms with what has been done to them, and what they can do now to take full control of their new, altered natures. Some night or dark-themed Sin’dorei buildings to replace or add onto the dilapidated and out-dated structures of the village of Darkshire. While the locals are more than a little creeped out by their new neighbours, the stubborn and resilient Humans of Duskwood appreciate the lethal skill and honed talent of both the Kaldorei and Ren’dorei.

Gilneas gets rebuilt and turned into a new capital for the players to use.

Thunder Bluff gets expanded, with mining down into the mesas and additional bridges to create enough space for visiting Tauren and Tauren-kin, including the Taunka, the Highmountain and curiously, several Yaungol ‘ambassadors’.

The Quillboar menace is dealt with and the Tauren now have to deal with rogue Elementals, Grimtotem saboteurs and angry Kaldorei spirits who have come down from Stonetalon to avenge the destruction of the Druidic school there.

Undercity is rebuilt and with less slime, please.

Gnomeragon is scavenged for parts and Mechagon becomes a phased area where Gnomes, Mecha-Gnomes and those who are Exalted with at least one of these factions can go and treat is as a micro-capital, complete with bank, auctioneer, transmog, hairstylist and trade chat.

Orgrimmar, Azshara and Durotar having significant Druid and Shaman presence trying to cleanse the water supplies and encourage an alarming number of trees to grow since the Horde is barred from Ashenvale now and the Horde’s need for lumber, both for rebuildings their fleets and the cooking fires and smithies of the great city of Orgrimmar, and Azshara is the closest and easiest place for the Horde to secure lumber unmolested by angry and vengeful Kaldorei.

2 Likes

My biggest wishlist items would be to see a visual update to Orgrimmar and Silvermoon, updated Tauren totems and Ascendence form for Shaman ( as well as opening up more races to be Shaman), and more race-themed mounts, weaponry and miscellaneous transmogs.

1 Like

I actually created this concept when I was running shadow of the forest. It just makes sense, especially for the refugees inside Stormwind

2 Likes

I think we need an update on character behavior when drunk, specifically the /dance animation

1 Like

Well, Dragonflight seems to be pretty well-liked. So this is usually around the time they start deciding to make a bad expansion to follow a good one.

On the other hand, BfA was a bad expansion and Shadowlands was a worse expansion. So we’re in uncharted waters here.

1 Like

Additional Emotes, I think we covered this in other threads, but we could do with some additions.

• /Lean : Do like Flynn Do and lean cool-like against the nearest wall.

• /Stagger : Do the drunk walk.

• /Limp : Be carried by another Player.

• /Carry : Carry another Player.

• /StandGuard : Stand in parade stance like certain Guards and NPCs do.

• /Swiggity : Do the stealth crouch-walk, without the stealth.

• /Toast : Stand at the ready to toast with another player. When two players standing next to each other do this, each will generate a glass, tankard or mug suitable to their race and toast each other, then drink. If the player(s) have alcohol in their inventory, this will consume one of those alcoholic drinks.

• /Polish : When sitting, lean forwards and rest your chin on your hands, and your elbows on the table.

• /Feetup : When sitting, raise your legs and place them on a table or other flat surface. Or show off your impressive core and leg strength to the plebs.

• /Burn1 : Do five push-ups.

• /Burn2 : Do five sit-ups.

• /Burn3 : Do five squats.

• /Toss : Toss your weapon up into the air, spin it, and catch it with your hand when it comes back down.

3 Likes

It will be WoW’s 20th anniversary in Nov 2024, and the Warcraft IP’s 30th, so hopefully they give us two back-to-back good expacs to match BFA/SL’s back-to-back badness.

Not gonna lie, though, it will be funny if the next expac is bad.

Or if we now have 2 good, 2 bad, so the 2 AFTER that are just horrible. Which actually is probably what will happen :sleepy:

2 Likes

They have irreparably ruined some of their most interesting characters and have used up pretty much all of their rogue’s gallery so I think we need a sort of reboot of the timeline. Give us a new Azeroth reality to bring back some core characters, retcon the bad lore and overhaul the old world. Players could still go back to the old Warcraft universe to do old content but do stories and expansions in a new Azeroth maybe where Lorderon never fell or they never completely destroyed Sylvanas’ character.

Since Actiblizz has a new standard of mediocrity or doing the bare minimum for a cash grab (or completely scamming Overwatch players) we will probably have a tyranny of light expansion where we fight chandeliers and liberate Stormwind or something.

My fear is they rush into the tyranny of light stuff, for sure.

There is definitely speculation of a full-world reboot.

I wish they would do all that and the mechanism to revisit the old world was Chromie, with Chromie Time mode not being just for levelling.

I want each expansion selectable. Old world Vanilla through Wrath but still, differences e.g. Scourge invasions if you go to the Wrath timeline.

It would be a good platform for weekly or daily quests as well.