In the spirit of combining the factions, what should happen with world pvp?

I think bringing the factions together is a great way to revitalize the learning curve executive learning process for new players and returning players. I could see getting rid of the current format and turning it into something more like the current dueling system, but more dynamic, to be a potential future and a great solution for solving World PvP dissolving under the factions eventual removal. I could see it providing something like a prompt with item level comparisons, level comparisons, and maybe even a chance of victory. You could do it in parties. You could even start making FFA or classic faction or themed PvP zones each patch. I could see world PvP honestly getting better with the factions being removed because honestly right now it just makes me not want to go to the new zone in anything but WM off in my m+ gear, you know? Just so I can get the flightstones because it’s more efficient. It makes more sense to have a fluid World PvP than a restrictive one.

I think they are trialling that idea atm with the free-for-all areas.

Maybe a faction toggle?

I still feel like the faction toggle still leaves us with the same problem as the current war mode: it makes going anywhere to do anything other than just flat out kill people in War Mode very much a huge chore unless you’re a class that can get away easily like a Rogue or a class with great solo capability like a Warlock(and even then you can get swarmed).

I didnt read all that but my take would be remove alliance and horde. Everyone is part of the collective being now.

Then add something like wrathion or sebalion for example and you fight for that npcs honor/rep and get 1 rep from honor kills in WvW. Then add WvW specific, rep specific, rewards for fight for that specific faction.

Well, no, we aren’t combining the factions. They’re still their own entities, and for World PvP purposes, both have to exist, but that doesn’t mean they can’t work together in WPvP.

They could add an NPC in sanctuary towns like Dalaran or Valdrakken that allow a Horde or Alliance player to choose a team to fight on. If you’re Horde and have Alliance friends and want to WPvP with them, go to the NPC and change your allegiance to Alliance. Same vice versa. The only way to revert back to your original faction would be to talk to the NPC again to change it. This would only apply to WPvP.

To make things even spicier for WPvP, they could also add a third mini faction, Outlaw / Criminals. Players who are outlaws / criminals have no ties to their faction and are hostile to all players, except for other outlaw / criminals that they are grouped with or share a guild with. Becoming an outlaw / criminal would mean you cannot use your faction cities anymore. The only areas you can utilize are sanctuary zones or neutral areas like Booty Bay, Gadgetzan, etc. They could also be given their own hub in the form of Plunder Isle, Home of the Bloodsail Buccaneers. In order to regain the trust of your faction again, you would need to pay up a sum of gold or honor followed by a short quest chain (i.e kill X amount of Alliance for Horde, kill X amount of Horde for Alliance).

And to appease to the faction loyalists out there who cling to the old ways, they could introduce a Faction Loyalist bonus to incentivize staying your primary faction. Every start of a season, (if you arent an outlaw / criminal by the time next season rolls around) you will revert back to your original faction in WPvP. Choosing to stay loyal to your faction from there on out will award you 50% increased honor and conquest gains in WPvP. However, should you choose to play for the other faction at any point, you will lose the bonus, unable to gain it again until next season.

Just a few ideas!

1 Like

that’s a great system idea, i’d love to see something like outlaws in the game. it works great in games with seamless maps, as i’ve noticed playing other games

2 Likes

There would need to be sanctuary areas around every major quest.
Think about a community feast.

disable warmode?

I think it would be good if you could choose what faction you aligned with but you’d have to do a short quest line if you want to switch factions (potentially with a cooldown so you can’t change every day). I just want to have the night elf racial without having to learn where everything is on alliance side.

What they should have done was make it work the same way it works for Pandas. You start a new toon. level it to 10, then decide what faction you want to be on. It seems this is really all about the look of your toon and not really anything else that is driving this Destruction of Faction Pride. They already have the lore in place after BFA when the war ended with people choosing to support the Alliance because they didn’t consider it honorable what Sylvanas was doing. Stop the Free for All crap and the cross faction thing and just let it happen on a toon by toon basis. If you want your Orc to join the Alliance then do that. If you want your Night elf to be with the horde, Then do it. but all this convoluted crap is just causing issues where they don’t need to be and breaking pvp. Allow for Faction Change just like Gender change at the Barber shop or some faction related place and be done with it. Hell change every day to play with whoever you want but at least when you see a name in Red you know its an enemy and a green one is not. Seen way to many change mid fight and ruin the whole gameplay fun.

Basically you’re pitching a full-monty co-op. Nothing wrong with that, but “WPvP” no longer can be found in the Retail lexicon. And this means I’m talking about the OLD STYLE, the one not a few of us remember, the one that you’re going to have to go to Classic to get.