In the last 8 hours, tokens have tanked over 50k (30%) why?

Wouldn’t the increased demand dictate price stays steady or increases?

Thoughts?

More tokens on the market lowers the price. Supply of tokens is higher than demand.

Player want gold.

4 Likes

To many ppl wanting gold more than tokens and why not? ppl would ahve already brought expansion and the sub or gone for the 12 month program

2 Likes

Gonna copy-paste the stuff I always post when this comes up. Hope this helps people.

First, some groundwork:

• Some people buy tokens with dollars, to get gold. Others buy tokens in-game with gold, to get game time.
  • If there are more people buying tokens with dollars (to get gold) than there are people buying tokens off the AH with gold, the gold price goes DOWN.
  • If there are more people buying tokens off the AH with gold than there are people buying tokens with dollars, the gold price goes UP.

And, as I’ve posted many times before:

1 Like

Lots of people have come back for the new expansion, usually people come back and want stuff, or decided to set up new characters, so they pay some money to get gold for that stuff.

^ Exactly.

The gold price ALWAYS drops at the start of an expansion.

Always.

And people always ask why. And I make these posts to answer them. And then 2 years later, it happens all over again. :laughing:

Basically all the stuff that’s taught in high school economics.

1 Like

Indeed you are correct!

They removed economics for gender studies. Might be one of the issues in the world right now.

1 Like

I have always wondered if you could buy low and sell high (or vice-versa) and play the commodity game with WoW currency and actually MAKE money (or profit)

No they didn’t, what they did was underfund your school systems to pump out mindless sheep to spread their conspiracy theories

Anyways, yes, gold price for the token always drops at the start of every expac, i’d recommend nabbing one later on in the expansion if your goal is to get a large bang for your buck, and to buy a handful in prepatches for some cheap gametime.

2 Likes

They always tank with new expansion is about to come out…they are under 200K now…

Token only goes to blizzard balance. As far as I can tell you cannot use Blizzard Balance to buy a token.

Weird, my kid graduated high school last year and they had to take Econ. Taking gender studies in college this year though.

1 Like