In the Army we have a saying

You really shouldn’t admit to others you were in the army. It’s almost as bad as saying you’re a cop.

you’re welcome.

this is one of the most military sentences you can possibly hear. and then some ate up major or chief yells at you when you put your hands in your pockets

which, strangely, is also one of the most military sentences you can hear

1 Like

This post makes me curious. Would it be any different if you were going to see them all the time? Perhaps that would feel worse, since those people who you saw getting stronger would snipe your mobs with ease!

However, if they were somebody in your guild who you would be raiding with, it would be great for them to get stronger! At the same time, if I see a guildie doing the same quest, I’m going to invite them into a group so sniping would not occur. (Plus I could hang out with my friend)

In any case, I certainly agree that the feeling of alliance with others in the open world is not there.

1 Like

It would. I am a firm believer in server communities. I don’t have much for pugs and randoms in CRZ, they don’t mean anymore to me than a random unnamed NPC.

To be honest, if a raid team member was complaining about how mob tagging isn’t fair then I wouldn’t want to raid with them anyway. If they are going to complain about something as basic as that then I can only imagine what they are going to start raging about next.

1 Like

Xrealm was a mistake and to this day still causes massive lag issues.

The tagging change is ridiculous and only exists to slow people down.

Oh, it’s not a saying in THAT army.

It’s in the other army.

Are you thinking this is a new thing?

My hunter has been on the Isle of Giants in Pandaria, and while she may have 9,999 problems, a bone-white raptor ain’t one. In any case, on my server Oondata is camped practically 24/7. I was lamenting this in the Isle chat, and was invited to group up with someone on another server who said “I’m sitting here, and there’s nobody around.”

Grouped up, tamed the beast, and moved on. And now I have a cool-looking, mask-wearing raptor pet.

But, back at the point, what you’re describing is nothing new. Especially for Hunters.

Why? I mean, I wouldn’t. I proudly served my 20 in the navy. But I’m curious why you would advise keeping it a secret.

I refuse to believe an actual soldier in an Army is getting triggered by a video game.

You sure its not the KISS Army you are in?

j/k Sergeant.

People have weird perceptions of what the military actually looks like.

1 Like

I told him I was just kidding.

It’s just an observation! People usually seem to have the impression that the military as a whole is either cutting edge, hyper elite professionals or mentally deficient baby murderers with nothing in between. It’s odd.

Welcome to BFA/Legion/Wod/SL… we hope you enjoy your stay!

Stupid analogy. Victimizing someone else because you have been victimized does not give you a free pass.

My experience?

A bunch of guys in their early/mid-20s just trying to get started with their adult life.

1 Like

Yeah basically. It’s not really a group that’s any worse or better than any other.

2 Likes

As an enlisted man, I met a very wide variety of soldiers. Some were escaping gang violence from their urban homes. Some grew up in the backwoods of Kentucky and had never ventured outside of it. One guy (300+ pounds without a single ounce of fat on him) had being going to college on a full ride football scholarship that he lost due to a sports injury. I had a buddy from Hawaii who grew up in a village where the local store was typically unlocked and unmanned, people took whatever they needed, and left the payment in the tray. One of my first interactions on my first day in my infantry battalion involved a very pleasant conversation with a soldier on his way out of the army. I had idea at the time that he would eventually go to prison for shooting a stripper in the back of the head just for the thrill of it. It’s impossible to stereotype soldiers because they’re as diverse as they come.

Not as bad as admitting you think cops and military personnel are bad people

1 Like