In the Army we have a saying

It’s one of those “RPG elements from the roots of wow” that devs were so proud of shoehorning back into the game. Players working together to accomplish goals is only permitted in very limited circumstances. They want you to ninja somebody else’s loot so he’ll have to repeat the content to get it. That’s like free /timeplayed to them!

2 Likes

But at least Old Republic had story zones so your primary quests were instanced off and not affected by other players.

Yes, and we can also instance hop. But that doesn’t negate my point about how I had to learn how to work around it when needed and don’t feel it’s a negative thing. I’m just used to it. :slightly_smiling_face:

Half the heroics we still do are outside and planet storylines are 90% outside. With Galactic Seasons and Conquest, we spend a lot of time outdoors at all levels. I’ve had to find creative ways to get to the mobs I need, because we’re all fighting each other for long respawn timers. lol

Personally, I find it fun and have no issues with it.

1 Like

I’m the same as OP, whenever I see other players, red or blue, it’s honestly more of an inconvenience or a necessary annoyance than anything. Its better now with multi-tagging but but other players are just content to me now. Might as well be NPC’s.

1 Like

This game has come such a long way with individual loot, shared chests, individual resource nodes and all sorts of ways to lessen competition between all players that it kind of nullifies that statement.

4 Likes

At one time Blizzard realized that this sucked, and they took steps to eliminate this crap from the game. That’s why they added shared tagging between parties on mobs and made nodes gatherable by multiple players at once. It’s just that the current crop of devs thinks that toxic play is more fun for some reason, and they’ve begun to roll back those positive QoL changes. The most blatant one in recent history was when they made the ingots despawn in the Maw when one player loots them for that one Maw weekly. Literally nobody asked for that change, but they made it anyway. When we asked them to roll it back, this was the response:

They didn’t roll it back. They simply increased the respawn rate, completely ignoring the real issue.

3 Likes

I was wondering if the marines get upset when their favorite crayons are taken.
wiggles toes

1 Like

Does it matter if you never see them again in this particular instance? Even if you see them again, does it change the point here? I mean i felt the same way (minus the anger, just more annoyed) in Classic, on why i have to compete against what’s suppose to be my allies?

Retail isn’t as bad in Classic thanks to multi-tagging mobs and such to make the allies feel like …allies, regardless if were gonna see them again or not (and quite frankly, i don’t really care if i see them again or not, i feel the same way with the city i live in), but Blizzard for some reason is inching backwards here. Starting with Blazing Ingots and a couple of items and such back in BFA Nzoth Invasions iirc.

2 Likes

Spent 21 years in the Army started as a 19K then went 19D then 18D then back to 19K never heard that

1 Like

Oh lord I wanna go home!

But they won’t let me go home!

Funny story.

I was in Kuwait a few years back. I had to drive a bus load of marines from the passenger terminal to their aircraft, which was taking them to somewhere in Northern Iraq where things were quite lively and ISISy at the time.

We’re loading the troops and almost ready to go, when one Marine goes “I forgot something! I’ll be right back!”

He runs off the bus.

Someone asks “what’d he forget”

The troop commander says “probably his crayon”

Whole bus burst into laughter.

9 Likes

We would tease the marines, we would grab some sand and throw it at the wall and yell ok devil dogs hit the Beach

I did feel sorry for the senior NCO’s in the marines tho, god it took them forever to get E-6 and E-7 the vast mojorty of them… Hit my 12 year mark and I was a E-7 granted took me awhile to pick up E-8

The purple one is the best.
cackles and wiggles toes

It all depends on the bar you set yourself, doesn’t it? I mean, there’s people who verbally put others down, but it’s your choice to do the same, right?

That said, I don’t so much mind if I’m fighting something and someone dodges around that to grab the loot as I know that later in the quest the shoe will be on the other foot - so it all evens out. I also strive to help kill the mob and/or heal. Just seems fair. I don’t stress about it.

It is so hard now to tell what will be multi-tap or single use in game. I can’t keep track and it’s frustrating. Yet I do see Blizzard’s issue. Before they changed the souls respawn, I would just spend time running between the three rocks by the forge guy. Now I have a much larger circuit - and I’m not going to lie, it’s more engaging. Not as simple, but I’m actually playing the game vs marking time. I’d prefer to play the game.

1 Like

I’d start by chilling the heck out and realizing its just a game.

2 Likes

Toss an invite out to nearby players. Odds are they’ll sign right up and share the load.

So you’re saying people in the army don’t have personal integrity? The army doesn’t have leaders?

Also, what “rules”?

2 Likes

Last night it jumped right off the plate and ate a friend of mine!

3 Likes

I thought this was going to be a post about the Army saying, “Be All That You Can Be,” but that’s just showing my age.

1 Like

Me, I was expecting either BOHICA or Embrace the Suck.