In Memory of Demonsleighr

Today a guildie of ours logged out of the game for the last time. I don’t want to give out too much of his personal information out so I’ll leave it at his name is Ed and he has been terminally ill for some time now. Over the past few months he’s been on less and less and had confided that it was painful for him to sit up for any period of time in order to play the game but felt compelled to do so as he loves WoW and has been playing for a very long time. We tried to ask what his favorite things to do in WoW were so we could organize a guild-wide event for him at least once before he left but he reminded us, he couldn’t stand to be on for too long. He had amassed a sum of 2.9 million gold over his years playing, all of which he donated to the guild bank with the request that we “provide bags and flying for new players”. He has been in our guild for quite some time, I couldn’t even begin to try to remember when he joined, it was a long time ago. He never did much with us, a dungeon here, a transmog run there. Never spoke a whole lot in guild chat, not that we don’t try to stir up chat and get people engaged. Ed just liked the guild from a distance, enjoyed the game his own way and wanted to help new members and players how he could. We’ve only known that he was terminally ill for a couple months, and now it just feels we didn’t know him long enough, didn’t do enough with him, make any memories or help him to really enjoy his time in the game, in the community. The last thing I expected when logging into discord tonight after enjoying Halloween, was to see a message informing us that today would be the last day Ed, Monkilla, Demonsleighr would log into the World of Warcraft. Time is fleeting and Ed is gone from us. Wherever you are in the world, Ed, I’m hoping you were wrong in our last conversation and that you’ll be better and back in no time at all. We’ll keep the hearth lit for you bud. I know there are tons of requests for memorial NPCs that will largely go unanswered and in almost all cases, never happen, so I wont even go there. Instead, if anyone has any ideas on in game memorial service type stuff we could do for our guildie, any ideas are welcome and appreciated. Any new players on our joined servers that need help with bags or flying, please send mail to Nastyfoo-Lothar and we’ll help out. Thanks for reading and any suggestions.