In Memoriam: Epic Insanity

And Big Thicket is the one that smells like Christmas <3

4 Likes

I love you Big Guy

2 Likes

Another adventurer has joined the pantheon of immortals.
Lokā€™tar

2 Likes

Started raiding on Epicā€™s team at the start of Shadowlands. He genuinely loved the game and cared about the team and each member on it. He was a great raid leader and friend to us all and will be missed. He personally had no shortage of advice and helped me become a better raider and raid team member and it was a genuine pleasure to game with him whether it was WoW, HoTS or Overwatch. His loss is a great one not just to our raid team and WoW, but to the entire Blizzard community.

6 Likes

I was fortunate that Epic welcomed me into my new home in WoW. This was in the middle of Pandaria, when the guild I had raided with since Molten Core fell apart. After switching servers and trying out a different guild on Zulā€™jin, I applied to Relentless Aggression and was raiding with Epic ever since. I wound up becoming a loyal listener to his various podcasts, and still have the swag that I won in some of the contests he ran.

I could go on for a long time discussing our years playing together. However, I will keep the tribute short. He was a great friend, raid leader and fellow officer when we found our new home in Ember. He is already sorely missed.

Farewell, Epic, our time together was far too short.

6 Likes

I think I woulda liked this guy. File under "cool people I only found out about after they were dead. "

Heā€™s in good company, Terrence McKenna and MF DOOM being luminaries. To be fair I knew who DOOM was before he passed I just didnā€™t know how dope he was.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been a member of Epicā€™s raid group (Campfire) for a couple of years. Iā€™m still in total disbelief that he is gone. It is really hard to quantify what a tragic loss this is. He was a great person and had a lot going for him. He was an excellent raid leader, but more importantly he was a genuine friend. He was empathetic and understanding, determined and focused, funny and kind. My time with Campfire has been some of my happiest in WoW and a huge part of that is thanks to Epic; his devotion to Campfire has been the cornerstone of its existence. He cared deeply about each and every member of the raid. He also really cared about the game and the WoW community. Itā€™s sad to think that I will never hear him complain about us ignoring mechanics again. But for real - Iā€™m really going to miss him. Itā€™s a big loss for the WoW community.

5 Likes

My deepest condolences. He sounded like a really wonderful guy; from how you describe him, Iā€™m sorry that I never knew him.

Cherish all your loved ones, folks, for they may be gone tomorrow.

3 Likes

I didnā€™t know him, but I wish all the best to his friends and family who are grieving.

2 Likes

What a loss to our community :frowning:

3 Likes

He was a rad freaking dude.
I got stories sure but none of them will do that bloke justice.
I hope where ever he is, that he is happy, warm and his beard is perfectly manicured.
One of those lads that really was a quiet achiever. Humble, honest, genuine, and just all-around giant teddy.
For those that knew him, share your hurt, he earnt the distress his passing has caused.
For those that didnā€™t know him, you missed out on being mates with an absolute bloody legend.

Gonna miss you my magnificently bearded brother.
behave yourself where ever you may be, and ill see you when I get there.

5 Likes

This is justā€¦ I donā€™t knowā€¦

I worked with Josh for a number of years. We would chat about his car, games, life, how bitter we were about management. Then I got a position working remotely, my anxiety went massive and I lost touch.

I donā€™t think anyone can question if he was devoted: He actually had the balls to tell management to f off and walk out after they denied his yearly vacation for Blizzcon.

5 Likes

Josh was such a kind soul. Iā€™m grateful to have spent time talking with him, and getting to know him. Itā€™s nice to see how many others loved him too. :orange_heart:

2 Likes

Sorry for the loss of your friend. He sounds like he was a great guy.

2 Likes

So sorry for your loss Kilroy and to his family both in-game and IRL! R.I.P Epic! Weā€™ll miss you!

1 Like

My deepest condolences to his friends, family and loved ones. He sounds like a really great guy, and the world is lesser for his loss.

2 Likes

a deep loss to the community indeed. i had a some fun chats with him at blizzcon. he was always smiling and positive. even after a big security screw up on the first day of a blizzcon a couple years back. it was a good 15 minute rant. i just happened to have been the first person to say hi to him that year. but he just shrugged it off and was looking forward to a fun weekend. i was happy to have helped him get it out of his system. when seeing him at other times over the con, nothing but smiles. my condolences to those who were close to him.

1 Like

Anaheim will never be the same for me without Epic. It was fun to see him before, and during the Con, but my favorite was hanging with him on the Sunday after. At that point everyone was quiet, and a bit shell shocked. Epic would be chilling in the Hilton lobby. Lining up his reservations for next year, and low-key working a couple job projects. I guess thatā€™s how Iā€™ll remember him best.

1 Like