In-game voice keeps disconnecting

Yup, can verify. Truly irritating.

Same here, our guild had gotten used to using it for EVERYTHING. but now, the only time is for pugs. All guild runs, hanging out , events, They all have to be in discord because to have to reconnect after every portal if just annoying. I JUST don’t understand why they are ignoring the problem?? No mentions anywhere, no promises to fix. Just. Nothing.

1 Like

I have essentially given up. As guild leader I now have to require all guild members to use Discord. It is sad really. Blizzard created this functionally so that the game would not require external VoIP programs like Teamspeak, Ventrilo or Discord to play. While the problem is not widespread, it is affecting a number of guilds and players. Without even an acknowledgement of this issue, I have given up trying to get Blizzard to at least say, “Hey, we see you, we can’t get to it right now (Dragonflight launch) but we expect to address it sometime Qx of 2023.” My attempt to raise the issue in Customer Support got me sent here to this forum.

The problem has persisted since the July 4th holiday. It has been reported in game and in this forum. It affects all players in my guild, and other players that have posted in this thread. I have tested removing all addons and it does not resolve the issue.

Going through an instanced portal, such as from a covenant sanctum to Oribos, or Oribos to Orgrimmar, or Orgrimmar to Uldum, disconnects the player from the in game voice chat channel. It is still a problem on 19 September 2022.

2 Likes

I concur, still a problem. I’ve given up as well, since it’s clear Blizzard has no intention of supporting in-game chat going forward.

My friend now uses a second older computer while playing (because her computer isn’t good enough to run both at the same time) to run discord and we chat that way while playing. Using portals, going into an instance, going from Argus to the ship or back again (hit or miss if you’ll disconnect), jumping into the Maw, hearthing, using the guild cloak, all disconnecting repeatedly.

I think even if they ever do fix it, not going to bother going back unless it’s greatly improved because my faith in this company keeps taking a lot of hits at this point.

Huh. Just started battle.net and saw a very very brief popup with long text but I caught a flash of them working on voice something. In looking again, my beta battle.net has more text about them working on the voice chat system on Wednesday.

Could it be they are finally fixing voice chat after it’s far too late for anyone to care?

2 Likes

The in-game voice chat maintenance did not resolve the issue for my guild.

This is still a problem on October 7, 2022.

1 Like

Can confirm.

Same here.

Same error. Getting our son into the game and don’t want to deal with discord server. Constantly disconnect between instances, portals, everything. Very annoying. This feature used to be great.

1 Like

So I see these posts are from 2022
but i’m still having this problem in april 2023
is there a fix in sight?