In-game voice keeps disconnecting

Ever since reset, when in a party and using in-game chat, going through any portal (dungeon, city portals, hearthstone, etc.) voice is disconnected and has to be re-established. This is happening consistently.

2 Likes

This is an issue for my guild. For two weeks, going through a portal disconnects a player from guild voice chat. We have switched to using Discord because this is so disruptive to our style of running quests and dungeons.

2 Likes

Same here, but with a friend I game with in the evenings. We use the in-game chat because her computer can’t run discord and Wow easily. We may have to figure out a way to go to Discord because having to reconnect to voice every time (and sometimes they transitioned and fell off and you’re talking to yourself…)

I’ve submitted a bug report via the bug report in-game, but looks like I’ll have to go to discord or something for our play.

We are having the same issue. Even a reload will cause a disconnect from voice. This is happening for our entire raid or dungeon groups - not just an individual.

1 Like

3rd Week, new reset, not fixed. Portaled to Orgrimmar from Oribos while in guild voice chat. Still disconnected from voice chat as soon as I landed in Org.

1 Like

Everyone in chat going through a portal of any sort gets disconnected, so if a group is going to Oribos say, then to ZM, it’s disconnect, re-join, disconnect.

This is really disruptive and I hope they fix it soon.

After the third weekly server reset. The problem still exists. Also, no response to in-game ticket or this thread.

1 Like

Confirmed. This is still an issue.

After 4th weekly server reset, voice chat still disconnects going through a portal on Perenolde NA server. This has been on-going since July 4th, it is now 28 July.

1 Like

I am having this issue as well. Anytime I go through a portal in-game voice disconnects. This is happening to everyone that is in voice chat in all of my group or raids.

2 Likes

After a fifth weekly server reset, an extended maintenance period, the problem remains. Still disconnecting from in-game guild voice chat channel when traversing a portal.

1 Like

My friend is Night Fae. Whenever she goes in her garden, chat disconnects.

I’m sure not many people use in game chat but I prefer it and would really like to see this issue resolved. QOL for the win!

1 Like

I’ve reported it in the in-game bug report as well, and still nothing regards to this.

1 Like

After the 6th weekly server maintenance and reset, the problem remains. I tested by removing all add-ons, and then attempting to maintain voice chat connection while passing through a portal. I was still disconnected from guild voice chat.

Apparently, this issue is not affecting a large enough portion of the player base to earn Blizzard attention. There has been no response to my in-game bug report, no response to this forum chain.

I will continue to post status updates weekly, but I have given up hope for any fix short of a major patch or maybe in the Dragonflight expansion.

Same here. My friend and I play almost daily and this really is impacting our quality of play.

No wonder most people just stick with Discord chat, if this is how Blizzard supports their voice chat interface. If I break down and go that route, likely I won’t bother going back. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

After the 7th weekly server reset and patch 9.2.7, the problem persists. No Blizzard response to bug reports or this forum thread at this time.

1 Like

I can verify. Chat channels still broken. Every portal change disconnects everyone every time and they have to reconnect. So hearth to Oribos, no voice, go to ZM, no voice.

This really puts to question if they even want people using the voice chat.

1 Like

After the 8th weekly server reset, I still get disconnected from in-game voice chat when going through a portal. Our guild had completely abandoned in-game chat, and we will probably never use it again. Blizz should remove it if it doesn’t work.

2 Likes

I agree. Supporting a farce of a feature simply highlights how they perceive this game.

After the 9th weekly server reset, same day, same problem.

1 Like