In-game Survey

If you want feedback, consider an in-game survey. This will reach more players, more minds. One survey per class, per account, unless you think it’s wise to keep the surveys open for repetitive use. Some people have better ideas after their first few.

This will stop the bickering and fighting on forums that is considered toxic. You and the development team can go through these suggestions while discarding some ideas while marking down others of note that weren’t even considered.

It’s a win-win.

Moving player made ideas up here for more visability.

The whole survey should be optional of course. For the sake of general ease, go with multiple choice with the ability to add more notes if desired. Bring in a myriad of questions, perhaps pertaining to each skill your class uses. ~Thanks Zolvolt and Oldstorm~

• Is [inset skill] performing too well? Yes / No / Under-Performing.

• Follow up notes for skill above to insert constructive reasoning.

12 Likes

I like surveys but it can take a long time to go through a lot of them. a really long time. I like multiple choice surveys because they become really easy to graph no matter how many people respond

2 Likes

He doesn’t post on the forums because he’s more concerned about his personal brand than making a good game.

3 Likes

He also doesn’t post of the forums because of personal attacks like this.

4 Likes

Sometimes the truth hurts.

2 Likes

True, I’d like to think he and his small crew are putting in tremendous effort. I can imagine it would be fairly overwhelming with the resources they’ve been given.

As a person in the work force, I have an understanding of reality, budgets, and time constraints and all you can do at the end of the day is your best with the time you have. I work for the public myself, and my goodness there some people who you can literally never, ever, no matter what you do make happy.

Picture yourself in his shoes, he’s attempting to make a fun game… and the veratrole this community spits at him and his crew for not doing it perfectly is… well it’s kind of psychotic actually. There is being passionate… and then there’s literally attacking someone over a freaking game… it’s a game… A GAME. Yes we all have a lot of love for it… but stop and think… there is more to life then ripping someone apart for not making it perfectly catered to your liking.

6 Likes

A multiple choice survey with the option of notes at the end would be very cool.

3 Likes

i agree with in game surveys. osrs does it and has been driven by the community for years

1 Like

They have a team of like 12 they ain’t reading all those

An actual in-game survey to poll actual in-game players is definitely a good idea. +1

1 Like

Still takes the time to pat Paladins on reddit though #favoritechild

1 Like

I want to copy/paste this any time someone starts attacking someone over something psychotic around here.

3 Likes

Yes tweaking numbers on 20 year old games assets must be super time consuming. Id reckon it would take around 1-2 minutes per spell. Basically impossible.

2 Likes

You know, I’m pretty certain that that team isn’t solely focused on SOD. I’m not trying to white knight, because Blizzard has pissed me off many many times (WC3 Reforged will always upset me). But I truly think him and his team actually love the game and want to make it something enjoyable.

Maybe if they have an opening you can apply and show them how it’s done?

2 Likes

No no he only wants enlightened Twitter users to comment on the future of the game xd

Honestly if I had to deal with forum users treating me and my team less-than human I would ignore y’all too. Thats all the public forum has earned. silence.

Not less than human, just less than capable. It’s a mess of ego that’s pervasive across Blizzard project managers. Worse yet it isn’t earned ego, they’re just riding the success of a 15+ year old game.

Hire devs who don’t love classic and command a deep understanding of its classes to implement the Classic+ experiment, and what you get is Retail-.

You know you have internet-brain when you’re defending people who tell devs they deserve to lose their lively-hood over class balance, when you defend people who send threats to the developers themselves.

Honestly should reevaluate who you are as a person if you want to be someone who downplays how horrible the community is towards developers just to justify that you don’t like them.

1 Like

Uhhh if someone consistently delivers a bad product then they shouldn’t be in charge of that product. Don’t blame me, that’s capitalism.

I’ve called the dude soft, because his actions show that he’s soft. That’s all I’m responsible for.

Like show me where I did any of that. Lol.

This strawman is pretty internet brained if you ask me.

Mistaking frustration for vitriol is a common thing, and yes I will concede that many users cross the line.

However, Blizzard owns these forums. They have moderators and moderator tools to enforce proper decorum and remove those who cross the line. Otherwise, why do they pay to maintain them? Especially since on Twitter it is far easier to get away with more offensive behaviour.