In game store not working on Steamdeck!

Any suggestion how to legally buy gold when you can not access the in game store?

It’s 2024, that’s beyond unlikely, you just don’t want to use the app. Get a cheap <50 dollar phone without a service plan and install the battle.net app to it. You don’t need a service plan to use the app. According to the Blizzard support article page: “The Battle.net Mobile App requires at least Android® 5.0 or iOS® 9.0.” Android 5.0 came out 10 years ago and any low end used phone older than a handful of years could be picked up for either free or probably less than 20 dollars(if they aren’t already in a e-waste landfill).

99.9999999999996% sure they aren’t going to change the rules for you or make an exception.

1 Like

You’re claiming that you don’t have access, nor will you ever, to a phone store that has the battlenet app on it and I’m calling you out on it… There are two major phone operating systems that account for like 99.9% of phones: AndroidOS and iOS. The app requires any OS version from basically the past decade. If you live in a country where you’re able to play WoW for so long and have an internet connection to play on, there’s a strong chance that your country has a 95%+ rate of smartphone/tablet ownership in people above the age of 18 (basically, the only people without them are in the reaaaaaly senior bracket or are people with mental health problems or are homeless). So I’ve explained that even if you happen to be one of those oddballs that don’t have a smartphone, you can easily pick one up for less than 50USD and that you don’t need service for it since the app only relies on wifi.

1 Like

Feature requests/suggestions are not forwarded to the developers from any of the Support sub-forums.

Here is a support article which outlines how you can provide meaningful feedback in a fashion that will allow your idea to be seen by the only people with the power to act on it.

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback!

Have you clicked the link in the support article? It sends you back to this forum!
Maybe I should be posting this in a different topic but which topic isn’t really clear to me so I made a choice for a support request because for as far as I can find there is no suggestion topic?

If you have any suggestions they are most welcome because I’m quit serious about this request and I would like for Blizzard to have a serious look at it!

Thanks in advance!

I guess you really are suggesting for me to buy an outdated smartphone to run blizzard’s security app! And so is Blizzard? I guess my response “Huh?” was understated!

Blizzard also has support articles where they tell you to keep your operating system and application up to date to prevent potential hacks which is correct advice! Now you are telling me they are in the same breath saying I should run there security app on an operating system that hasn’t been updated for the past decade on a device that is always connected to the internet!? No thank you!!

I have carefully selected two proven methods to secure myself on the internet which are TOTP and FIDO2, for both of these methods you do not need a smartphone! I have done so to prevent having to buy a new smartphone every other year or a really expensive one every 5 years!
The only online platform that I have come across that doesn’t allow me to use these wide spread methods of security is Blizzards. So I don’t think it’s weird to ask for a smartphone-less solution since we’ve had that choice for the past 16 years!

You are calling me out? You don’t know anything about me or my situation so back off!

No, I’m stating that it can be ran on an extremely wide range on phones dating back a whole decade. Ideally, yes, you’d run it on something with at least android 10 on it. And I’m also stating that based on a bunch of other variables, like you having internet, being able to play a game that costs 15USD game per month, having a PC that can run a semi-modern game, etc etc, that there is likely next to no way you’re smartphoneless; given the demographics of smartphone usage around the world. It’s pretty simple statistics really.

There is no such thing as a “secure” method in 2024. Everything can be hacked. Ironically, having it be an app based authenticator actually makes it MORE secure, since they can poll information like network connections and other user level information unique to your phone. Kind of like how I don’t think I’ve had to authenticate my PC in ages because it has enough unique identifying information to know it’s my PC.

Well apparently I hit the head on the nail a little too close to home or something because it was enough to make you completely change your first post and change the title of the thread to something completely unrelated lol…

At any rate, looks like you made a new duplicate thread about the topic anyways, good luck with your suggestion!

1 Like

You do know that you can buy WoW tokens or anything else on the store page at https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/family/world-of-warcraft right down the bottom of the page.