In-game Instance Counter

I think this would be a positive change that doesn’t affect the spirit of classic. It would help the people upset by the change.

I’m aware there are Addons/Weakauras but they can be fooled by double lockouts and other outlier cases. Make the actual instance count in the Backend visible to the player via the Raid Lockout window. This should be an incredibly quick implementation if they don’t try anything fancy, just call the number from the backend to the front!

1 Like

The 30 lock should be removed as it does not affect botters, only real players, and was extremely poorly thought out.

6 Likes

this guy has all the inside data i guess

3 Likes

Nah, just common logic that the botters will just level 3 more characters and 3 other realms and completely by pass the 30/day limit and get back to max effiency per account.

3 Likes

botters/exploiters gonna bot and exploit - it’s what they do

to say, by assumption, that ONLY legit players are affected is a bit asinine.

2 Likes

I appreciate the sentiment. I’m not a fan of the change either, but I’m hoping we can limit the conversation to this implementation so we at least get this tool in-game to help manage our limited IDs

1 Like

You realize you simply switch to a diff server after 30 runs and you’re reset to 0, right? Easily automated.

So yea, this hurts real players and not botters.

To fail to see the obvious is not only humorous from a spectators pov but particularly unfortunate for you.

it’s obvious and logical the change was made from data gathered - legit players will be affected, sure, as with any change. To full out say it’s not helping for it’s intended purpose after a week is just salt.

yep, oh geez, sorry man - your opinion matters none when all you do is hurdle insults.

2 Likes

Its your prerogative to blindly support changes that not only doesn’t solve anything but also doesn’t affect you personally.

1 Like

No one is blindly supporting the change, he is suggesting its probably backed up by data that… you cant possibly have. If anything, yall are blindly opposed to it.

Botters affect everyone. If this affects botters, and reverting it would help them then yea… it does affect us.

1 Like

i dont wear a tinfoil hat. if blizzard states a change is to fix an exploit/botting - i assume some rampant stuff was going on, and a solution, perhaps not the best, but a solution regardless to curb whatever bad activity is going on.

I understand the kneejerk reaction some folks have when it does directly affect them. to spout bold ambiguous statements without any data or insight into blizz’s internal conversations - we have no idea what the full picture looks like.

to say i’m blindly supporting something because a company who controls a video game says it’s implemented something to combat exploiters is not doing just that - you blindly feel like blizzard just wants to screw over part of it’s player base for funsies?

2 Likes

You are giving Blizzard too much credit there IMO. For example, you can simply determine that this change will cause botters to just hop to another server for 30 more instances by this change, creating nearly zero affect realistically other than to hurt real players.

I seriously doubt that any botters were ambivalent to this change. I’m sure that every single one of them viewed it as a negative, because it’s extra hoops for them to go through, which hurts their bottom line. How much so probably only Blizzard and the botters know. But to say it had zero effect upon them is almost certainly wrong.

1 Like

you’re giving them no credit when they are holding all the information.

just a hypothetical:
if blizzard made the change account wide on all realms - 30 instances in total for all realms combined - would your opinion change?

Maybe. But I’m still going to trust the professionals working for a multi billion dollar company over angry neckbeards on the forums. YMMV

1 Like

Why are you trolls hijacking my thread, go argue in one of the other 100. I even made one you can argue in a week ago when I opposed the change. This isn’t the place.

I just want a tool to make this change more palatable. Learn to adapt.

Firms, regardless of the size, mess up all the time.

A week before this their analysis determined layers could be removed on megaservers; when queues spiked past multi-hours almost instantaneously thereafter, they stated they couldn’t understand why and reverted their change.

Similarly to how they knew layers would only be needed at launch, and thereafter facilitated megaservers knowing there would be no repercussions thereof - and after months started switching layers on an off, changing spawn rates, and Locking servers.

This change is grasping at straws, and even on Locked servers you can already see hordes of bots continuing, unhindered. Perhaps some were impacted, but a correlative raise in the price of mats and boosts accounts for that.

Simply working for a large firm does not make you infallible, and Blizzard, on multiple occasions, has shown they fall short on certain studies.

Sorry, not going to happen. The same people you find in every thread will swarm to the latest to restate the same arguments they made in other threads, or just to troll.

As for your topic, I’d make suggestions to the author of the Weak Aura. If, as Blizzard states, this change only affected a small number of legitimate players it is unlikely they’ll spend time/money on a counter when a 90%+ solution already exists as an addon.

Umm, you are blind. Just a fact. You blindly support a change that is proven to do nothing. Quit making excuses, Blizzard fanboy shill.