In-Game Download 0% Complete

As the title says, for the last few days I have noticed when I mouse over the game settings tab in game it shows “Downloading 0%”. The game is playable and I only noticed the issue when, a few days ago, I started getting random lag spikes and frame drops (I do not know if they are related, however, I figured I would mention it). I have searched google and the forums for an answer on this and have yet been unable to find a solution that has worked. I have ran the repair tool several times with all coming up as “no repairs needed”, I have disabled and re-enabled all addons, and I have done a full reinstall of the game to no avail. Any help or guidance on this would be appreciated. Thank you!

Hey there,

The 0% complete download showing in-game is actually normal (everyone has it) and it would not be related to the lag you’re seeing.

Since this sounds like more of a performance / FPS issue I’d recommend checking the rest of the steps on this page:

WoW Performance Issues Troubleshooting

If you’re still having issues can you post your DXDIAG for us?

DXDIAG:

1. Press Windows Key + R.
  2. In the Run window type dxdiag and press Enter.
  3. In the DirectX window, click Save All Information.
  4. Name the file “dxdiag” and save it to your Desktop. Open the new dxdiag file with Notepad.
  5. In the posting section here hit the </> button for “Preformatted text” then paste (Ctrl+V) the DXDIAG contents. That’ll make the information much more readable.

If you are unable to post this due to the length of the DXDIAG, please feel free to use pastebin.com and share the link with us instead. Use the </> button as well in order to share the link.

1 Like

Thank you for the reply! Good to know that the 0% in-game is not anything to worry about. I actually did some troubleshooting with other devices, called my ISP, and found out that there were some known issues on their end causing hiccups in services so that probably will solve my performance problems once they are sorted out. Thanks again for taking the time to reply and have a great day!