In game Blizzard Shop and Submit Ticket Blackscreen Errors

I get a black screen once I try to buy any services from the in game shop. I don’t have razer software. I have deleted cache and reset the interface. I have scanned and repaired my game. I checked for updates from the battlenet app and it doesn’t find any thought it just keeps searching. I tried to open a ticket in game and ALSO get a black screen there.

3 Likes

Why can’t we do certain services on the website anymore? I figure reverting to the old way would avoid this problem altogether…or people who can’t/won’t fix things on their end could just run to the store on the website and avoid this completely. Was there an issue with hacking?

1 Like

So this is still happening. It happens when I uninstall literally everything Razer. It happens when I confirm there is no anti-virus or firewall shenanigans, it happens no matter what I do. Can you either actually make all of your services available out-of-game or look into fixing the problem?

1 Like

I am getting the exact problems as others here. Black screen(box) in all ingame shop purchase & black screen for help interface. No razor equipment/software. Have deleted cache/interface. Tried delete battle.net reinstalled. Last i used ingame purchase and worked was back in january i guess pre- 8.2.

1 Like

Exact same for me Limitbreak. Never had a problem before 8.2, and it hasn’t worked since.

2 Likes

Same issue as everyone here since patch 8.2. Disabled firewall and don’t have any razer software.

• Update: The shop worked when I ran WOW directly from the application in the World of Warcraft folder and not the launcher.
4 Likes

Funny how none of us seem to have this problem until 8.2…but it’s somehow on our end.

1 Like

Typical corporate SOP, and quite common with Blizzard since Vanilla. Always blame the end user. Never admit fault on their end. Nothing but black screens since 8.2 release, and magically, it’s our systems at fault. Enough is enough!

Hey all,

Looks like we missed replying to this thread with more information earlier, so sorry about that. We’re actually investigating this on our end as well. Razer fixed the issue I mentioned earlier so the steps I sent shouldn’t be necessary anymore. Our Quality Assurance squad is on the case for the other issues we’re seeing. We gathered a bunch of logs from some of the live calls and chats we got on this issue. If we need any more information, I’ll ping this thread, but for now all we can do is wait to see what QA finds.

Thanks for the update, the store is still not working lol. It’s pretty frustrating.

Hey y’all,

We are still investigating these issues, but the vast majority seemed to be caused by background programs or Razer Synapse. If you’ve tried closing all other programs and uninstalled Razer Synapse (temporarily at least) then try using the legacy version of DirectX11:

1. With the Battle.net desktop app opened and WoW selected click on Options
  2. Select Game Settings
  3. Find WoW and check the box for Additional command line arguments
  4. In the new box enter the command for the desired DirectX version:
    -d3d11legacy
  5. Click Done to save.

TL;DR: Ensure the install location is to a physical drive letter, not a mount point/junction/symlink/etc.

So I was having the same black screen when using either the in-game shop or ticket screen. I don’t have Razer Chroma SDK installed. I tried repairing, re-installing, disabling AV/Firewall, deleting cache/interface, etc.

What fixed it for me was pointing the game install directory to a drive letter instead of junction/mount point.

I have multiple HDDs and use mount points/directory junctions (for the sake of this example, I’m only listing the drives/mount points I use.

SSD0 (c:) = My windows drive
HDD1 (g:) = My spinning hdd for storing games
SSD1 (s:) = SSD dedicated for gaming

I have these mount points located on SSD0:

c:\home\mounts\internal\hdd-01 -> HDD1
c:\home\mounts\internal\ssd-01 -> SSD1

I usually install all games to my HDD first and only move games that are IO dependent to my SSD and create hard links/directory junctions between the two.

To recreate the issue:

c:\home\games\battle.net\World of Warcraft -> c:\home\mounts\internal\ssd-01\games\battle.net\World of Warcraft

Then either open in-game shop and click to buy something so it pops the in-game browser.

Solution for me:

Changed the install location of the game to use the drive letter location. So it was s:\games\battle.net\World of Warcraft

Notes:
When attempting to launch the in-game browser, it creates a folder at the battle.net location named Worl and it creates 2 files each time a browser window is created (Browser-{timestamp}.log and CEF-{timestamp}.log)

So when i had the black screen, the path and contents:

C:\home\games\battle.net\Worl
Browser.log:
Logging initialized.

CEF.log:
[0830/153754.300:ERROR:browser_gpu_channel_host_factory.cc(120)] Failed to launch GPU process.
[0830/153754.300:ERROR:browser_gpu_channel_host_factory.cc(120)] Failed to launch GPU process.
[0830/153754.375:ERROR:browser_gpu_channel_host_factory.cc(120)] Failed to launch GPU process.
[0830/153754.375:ERROR:browser_gpu_channel_host_factory.cc(120)] Failed to launch GPU process.
[0830/153754.395:ERROR:browser_host_impl.cc(1614)] Invalid URL passed to CefBrowserHostImpl::Navigate:

When I fixed it:

S:\games\battle.net\Worl
Browser.log:
Logging initialized.
[INFO]-[BNL_Renderer]: [20190830T16:23:32] {2e94} INF: browser created
[INFO]-[BNL_Renderer]: [20190830T16:23:32] {3500} INF: browser created

CEF.log:
[0830/162332.403:ERROR:cache_util_win.cc(20)] Unable to move the cache: 5
[0830/162332.404:ERROR:cache_util.cc(134)] Unable to move cache folder GPUCache to old_GPUCache_000
[0830/162332.404:ERROR:disk_cache.cc(169)] Unable to create cache
[0830/162332.404:ERROR:shader_disk_cache.cc(601)] Shader Cache Creation failed: -2
[0830/162332.547:ERROR:browser_host_impl.cc(1614)] Invalid URL passed to CefBrowserHostImpl::Navigate:
[0830/162332.547:ERROR:browser_host_impl.cc(1614)] Invalid URL passed to CefBrowserHostImpl::Navigate:
[0830/162333.060:ERROR:browser_gpu_channel_host_factory.cc(120)] Failed to launch GPU process.
[0830/162333.066:ERROR:gpu_process_transport_factory.cc(1029)] Lost UI shared context.
[0830/162333.089:ERROR:browser_gpu_channel_host_factory.cc(120)] Failed to launch GPU process.
[0830/162333.096:ERROR:gpu_process_transport_factory.cc(1029)] Lost UI shared context.

Final note (Doesn’t affect the use of the in-game shop/ticket system, for me at least):
I still get this Lua error when trying to clear cache:

Message: [string “:OnClick”]:4: attempt to call method ‘ClearCache’ (a nil value)
Time: Fri Aug 30 16:35:09 2019
Count: 1
Stack: [string “:OnClick”]:4: attempt to call method ‘ClearCache’ (a nil value)
[string “:OnClick"]:4: in function <[string ":OnClick”]:1>

Locals: self = {
0 =
Text = BrowserSettingsTooltipText {
}
Right = {
}
Middle = {
}
Left = {
}
}
button = “LeftButton”
down = false
browser = HelpBrowser {
0 =
BrowserInset = {
}
back = HelpBrowserNavBack {
}
stop = HelpBrowserNavStop {
}
home = HelpBrowserNavHome {
}
homepage = “KnowledgeBase”
loading = LoadingIcon {
}
forward = HelpBrowserNavForward {
}
settings = HelpBrowserBrowserSettings {
}
reload = HelpBrowserNavReload {
}
}
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = HelpBrowser {
0 =
BrowserInset = {
}
back = HelpBrowserNavBack {
}
stop = HelpBrowserNavStop {
}
home = HelpBrowserNavHome {
}
homepage = “KnowledgeBase”
loading = LoadingIcon {
}
forward = HelpBrowserNavForward {
}
settings = HelpBrowserBrowserSettings {
}
reload = HelpBrowserNavReload {
}
}
(*temporary) = “attempt to call method ‘ClearCache’ (a nil value)”

Hope this helps whoever is trying to debug this.

1 Like

I am nowhere near that smart to even begin to understand what you’re talking about. But that is SUPER interesting that switching the install location fixed that.

Hi, I am getting this on a Mac. The weird part is it’s happening for classic, but not on retail. Please fix this.

Edited by Blizzard - this topic is being locked as this is an old post which was bumped. Please create your own thread or contact support.