In Development: Guardians of the Dream

They have some cool customization, though - love the short hair style in the fem LFDs. Respectfully, I think Kul Tirans are probably more in need. And I’m not sure what race on horde is in the same boat as KT.

1 Like

We
Love
Them

there is like 30-40% of all players that play elves (blood, night, void or whatever), so yeah, sure, they receive more love from the devs than others, there is nothing wrong with that

But if we just look at latest changes, Draenei got new colors, UD got heritage set, druids are getting like 10 new forms, Dractyr got a new spec, thats not just for elfs

2 Likes

2 Likes

At this point Blizzard should delete all other races and just have Blood elves. World of Bloodelfcraft. It’s so annoying how belf got 2 heritage armors, 2 quest lines, heritage weapons, a lot of customization options and now Blizzard giving them even more? While other races barely got a crappy quest line and half page of customization options.

4 Likes

And a 6th rework to the Boomy talent tree in a singular expansion even though the class tree has completely rotted from the inside out.

They are doubling down on dragons and raids.No dev time for us.

Good point! Though for BfD it’s baked in that the Alliance has a separate portal in Boralus, and in this case both factions share the same portal in the zone. Plus, there would be no way for there to be a 1-20 leveling zone without making the quest flow be an absolute disaster.

This is the same reason I struggle with Hyjal. And again, I am using the Forsaken as a baseline - where their city and their 1-20 zones were restored - In order for Hyjal to work, Blizzard would need to phase yet again and redesign the zone around a raid location, and repurpose the zone to accommodate the new racial start zone story. Then Blizzard would need to refigure Felwood and Ashenvale and change up the Worgen and Draenei hand-off.

Or Blizzard would have to deprecate the Night Elf racial start zone, and be the only original race to lose that.

So if Hyjal is problematic, the Dragon Isles is a mess. Does the 1-20 zone start in the Dragon Isles then the player is magically teleported a quarter of a world away? Or do we just send all the Night Elves to Exiles Reach? And if Night Elves lose their unique start zone, why do the Forsaken get to keep theirs?

My problem is, ultimately, Blizzard’s approach to the Night Elves is like Mr. Bean trying to fix Whistler’s Mother. Every time Blizzard dips in to the Night Elf story it is just narratively disappointing and they ruin the narrative just that much more.

IMO, the developmentally easiest solution is to grow a new tree where the old one was. Blizzard already has the zone hidden behind art, and it should not be hard to forklift the warfront to the Caverns of Time (which I would also do with the Arathi warfront, so players can still do them). You then basically restore the original quest flow, where the story starts with the Night Elves defining who they are, and then are sent to fix the damage done by the War of Thorns in Darkshore. Then everything else just stays the same, or is updated as Blizzard decides. Every other solution requires Blizzard to change entire zones, brute force quest flow in locations that were never designed for them and impacts three races’ questflows - or Blizzard just continues to take away from the Night Elves and deprives them of their unique racial start zone experience.

At this point, I have given up hoping. Not for my specific solution, because I am not a developer and am largely talking out of my butt as far as what can technically be done, but because every decision Blizzard has made regarding Night Elves since Mists has been a disappointment. We would have been better off if Blizzard ignored us.

1 Like