Improved weapon totems does not give bonus Attack power to other people in the group

There is a chance that the talent is Supposed to only give the extra attack power to the shaman, and the wording is poor. So they could say “We’ve fixed the wording of the talent to correctly reflect the intended design”.

Either way, I’ve opened up a bug report in the game client.

Just tested extensively and confirmed that the talent is not working.

3 Likes

It would have to be extremely poorly worded since the tooltip is called “Improved Weapon Totems” and shamans have their own self-cast windfury which is much more powerful.

5 Likes

bump.

It’s been 16 days since this was originally posted, AQ has been out for most servers, and we don’t get to take advantage of a 15 year old talent. Makes me wonder what other talents aren’t working as intended.

I’d like to be able to spec into this come saturday after we bang the gong but I guess not… I’m not only upset but also infuriated at the fact I’ve been using this for speed runs for months and it didn’t actually do anything. Waste of gold, waste of time. I feel sorry for all the shamans around the world who are spec’d into this right now.

Let’s get an update blizz

6 Likes

so I have a great one that I am sure EVERY ENH shammy would go Bzorko over:
Enhanced WF:

1. each WF both initial WF procs have a 5% chance to proc WF again
  2. each WF subsequent WF proc has a 1.5% chance for a 2nd WF proc

SELF procing WF !!! or at least for 2 months so we can see what it would be like.

bump.
haven’t found an answer anywhere and both enh sham in my guild are running this. does this talent do anything?

After the documented player testing, why do we still not have an update on this from Blizzard? I’ve been less than impressed with how many aspects of Classic have been handled, and this isn’t exactly helping to restore any faith.

I’d be more than happy with some of the other suggestions in this thread that overhaul the talent, if they can’t pin down a proper fix for some reason. (Of course that would be more work and likely never happen, but we can dream.)

Just want to clarify that we don’t want to introduce new talents to the game, just get the ones that exist to work properly.

Deluge’s post is pretty succinct showing Improved Weapon Totems talent does nothing presently:

Can we get acknowledgment of whether this is a bug / not a bug?

Oh, I completely understand and agree. I just want what I have to function properly, and frankly any sort of talent changes are a separate discussion altogether - I was just more voicing my frustration than anything else.

Just removing the talent and not replacing it with anything would be a fix at this point. At least people won’t be putting points into a completely dead talent.

1 Like

All we can do is keep posting here until they hear us.

bumpingggg

Depressing this has been known about over a month with no reply from blizzard, yet the combustion bug is fixed within hours of gaining attention on reddit.

Totem no boom boom Blizz

bumpppping

Ravager is the best weapon in the game.
Also fix totem talent please Blizzard.

bumpppping

and another one - please fix, it’s been months.

Hi All,

I just wanted to chime in and provide a bit of context around this issue, and an update on our plans for it.

The current behavior of the Improved Weapon Totems talent actually does match 1.12 and the reference client, and this talent behaved in this way for its entire existence during original World of Warcraft. It was, however, recorded as a bug shortly after it was introduced late in 2006 and was fixed very early in Burning Crusade. Since this is a clear bug that was fixed relatively quickly in the original game, we do currently have plans to fix this (as well as several other issues that were similarly bugged in original WoW but were clearly incorrect behavior) in an update coming in the near future.

Hang in there, enhancement shamans!

22 Likes