Impressed with the amount of open RP, but

To be fair these profile reading excursions happened at like 3 am server time. Maybe thats when they all come crawling out of the woodwork to copulate?

If Stormwind raised your eyebrows, wait until you check out Silvermoon.

One night in Silvermoon and Azeroth’s your oyster
Not much between despair and ecstasy.
There’s a god in every low rez corner
And if you’re lucky then the god’s a she.
TRP has an angel walking next to me.

3 Likes

Last time I went there (few months back), it was a ghost town. Are things picking back up there again lately?

I always can’t help but squint a little at occasional, horrified hand-wringing about rampant, out-of-control ERP profiles literally everywhere.

Like, out of dozens and dozens of RPers I could observe over about a week in either main faction city, there’s maybe, maybe a handful of people with outright explicit details in their profiles (and a good number of those I’ve seen did the courtesy of linking to their details rather than spreading it straight on the text box). It’s not this sweeping problem some make it out to be.

It’s also important to keep in mind that one doesn’t have to interact with people whose RP isn’t what they’re looking for.

2 Likes

Even removing the ERP aspect, I’m not going to lie but if a profile is multiple paragraphs long and the “History tab” has the word count of a Doctorate Thesis…my eyes glaze over and I just close the profile.

Similarly if I mouse over someone and their list of Titles/Nicknames literally carries on over the tool tip.

I get its all pretend and a character with history has…well…history…but condense it to a primer. Heck, I’ve RPed with Vanndrel in one form or another since Burning Crusade. My history profile is literally: “Ask if interested”.

3 Likes

I guess the takeaway from this is that it’s probably a good idea to just move on if, when skimming a stranger’s RP profile, it proves unappealing and not a good fit, rather than making an effort to change that stranger’s presentation to suit one’s own taste (unless, of course, there’s something outright harmful going on).

1 Like

I lived through the Pregnant DK fad. Nothing can harm me any more.

Well, when I say harmful, I’m talking about profiles with emphasis on things most people would agree is disgusting-- real-world racism, sexual assault, pedophilia, et cetera.

The pregnant DK thing is… whatever, I’ve never seen it actually happen and as long as it doesn’t tick the above points, in my mind it’s not an issue and nothing I need to concern myself with.

1 Like

For some reason, reading this entire spiel made me think of the opening to TRON.

"Wyrmrest Accord. The creative frontier. I tried to picture clusters of profiles as they interacted with one another. What did they look like? Outlaws, bartenders? Pregnant death knights? Were the RP hubs like the legends of Goldshire? I kept dreaming of a world that I’ve… never seen… And then… one day…

I got in."

1 Like

how do I swipe right on somebody’s TRP

8 Likes

Girls, never RP about your oyster until at least the third date.

5 Likes

From what I’ve seen, it’s that situation where people are sitting/walking around and LOOKING for RP, but since nobody’s already RP’ing, they just move on. You see the same thing happen in the Wyvern’s Tail from time to time.

I spent about a week in Silvermoon last month and after sitting n either the Wayfarer’s or one of the Courtyards for no more than five or so minutes somebody would invariably walk by. I’d flag them down if possible, initiate some RP, and before you knew it, there’d be half a dozen of us sitting around and talking. Someone else would come up and split off into another group. So on and so forth for hours. Met a lot of cool people that way.

moister your oyster

1 Like

I’m so proud of you for this.

1 Like

Anything goes (anything) for one night in Nazjatar.

1 Like