Impossible To Fill Crafting Orders The Failure of the System

I’m gonna respectfully disagree.

Yeah the Armor and Weapon stuff that people fixate on is gated by Sparks. I agree those are rare. Once you craft a piece though, you could submit it again for recrafting. If it wasn’t crated at max rank the first time.

So I agree that Sparks limit the top end.

That isn’t all the crafting system can provide though. I have submitted loads of public orders for minor mats for my Engineer and they get filled within minutes. I have a list of about a dozen people on my server now that have responded, that I know are engineers. Some of them are capable of crafting intermediate stuff at a higher level than I can.

So for a few minutes of fishing for other crafters by submitting low level public orders into the system I’m starting to build a list of crafters than I can hit up for stuff later.

Some will come and go through the expansion. Some may stay. I’ll probably never talk to them in Discord, but maybe we can be of mutual help to each other through this expansion.

Bottom line: Stop fixating on:

• Getting to 100.
  • Doing only the maxed BiS stuff.
  • Learn how to work on the margins.
  • Take some time to figure out if you can help others and if they can help you.

Now is a good time to collect some crafter friends. People have M+ and Raider friends. Why not crafter friends?

Can we admit that this is a massive problem and a massive failure of the crafting order system? Can we admit this!!

Yea this is just gonna make DF a super fun engaging game that I can’t wait to get off work and click a button for 30 mins in hopes of getting an order. That sounds like the type of fun I’m looking for after a long day.

Let me tell my friends now to come play DF… You can click a button for 30 mins and you might be able to craft something. Seriously it’s a fun game. :weary: :clown_face:

With what recipe? Is it the one I don’t have and still cost 800k on my server. Getting to 100 shouldn’t cost millions. This should be the very basic core of the game. You almost hit it by accident by logging in and doing Quest/crafting.

1 Like

Just go gathering and sell stuff, crafting is a complete waste of time and money. Blizzard think complicating, expensive and confusing makes things deeper, but player is just asking something casual and fun without much investment.

I have mining and that brings me joy. I do love the profession talent system although they do need to let you respect talents.

Yea kinda the point of the thread.

1 Like

I get that. Like I said earlier I hit 50 in Engineering and then… came to the realization over a week or so, that it was gonna take awhile to get there.

For me after I had the attitude readjustment, I’m fine with it. To be fair though, I’m a long term kinda guy. I have leveled plenty of chars to cap in various expansions just by doing Darkmoon Faire and the Capitol City Fishing/Cooking dailies over the expansion. (I can remember going to Oribos at iLevel ~50 on a couple.)

For me I’ll get to 100 and fill out the Knowledge Points… whenever…

I know I’ll get there, so I’ll be fine. I’ve also learned a lot, as noted above, from this thread and others.

To keep others from having a lot of pain I’m trying to spread the info around to other guild members.

But it shouldn’t and others already hit 100 in week 1. Which is honestly what everyone should do. The time it will take me to hit 100 is longer than my Sub and not feeling like keeping it. Sorry Blizz you lost players here.

I’ll post this again.

This^^ This. The path too 100 should be clear and realistic for 100% of the players like reaching max level with your character. Not gating through millions of gold or a system that is a failure.

With that said. They should add NPC’s that give Crafting orders since it’s a dead system so you don’t have to use Alts. Take a look at if the crafting order system should just be removed after that and go back to the good ole you craft and use the AH.

Then they should make the path clear and accessible to hit 100 for everyone. Again getting to 100 is just the basics in a profession.

Finally let us respect our knowledge. If you mess up a profession you should just uninstall. There is no turning back and you messed up the expansion too bad to recover. That’s how it feels.

I’m hard stuck and can’t recover. Focus should be on the can’t recover part. So this is a no win situation and players are gonna quit. Due to this.

Not exactly. They tried to address this by limiting how many public orders aby character can fulfill. I think the underlying issue is that people can’t specify quality in public orders - so there’s less of them in general.

Welcome to WoW. Where the devs “know best”.

Rng in the loot system - and in this case, learning patterns in the profession system is the real issue.

Dying game gets more dead.

Obviously they don’t know best and Blizz hasn’t put out a good game in nearly 7 years. If nothing changes then nothing changes. The Devs need to get out of their own way is my constructive advice.

The system is rigged. You need to game the system to make it work. Well, at least in its current state.

The whole premise of your statement about the profession system is spot on, I absolutely agree. I am not exactly thrilled with this steaming pile that we’ve been handed (while being told how awesome it is).

I have more than enough on my plate IRL and in-game as it is. Another system to grind away at? No thanks.

/Raises glass

they changed this - you don’t like it but they deliberately changed things so it would take more than a week.

there wasn’t much real progress achieved with the old system when you could max it out in a week.

it doesn’t, you can just farm renown and level up using those patterns.

2 Likes

I disagree.

People need to stop looking at work orders as the be-all, end-all of crafting.

They’re not.
They’re not supposed to be.
They’re never going to be.

You’re not supposed to be using work orders for food buffs, or phials (flasks), or potions, or glyphs, or enchants, or gems. All the stuff we’re used to getting off the AH is still intended to be done off the AH.

And in terms of “every profession needs to crank out consumables”, Dragonflight does better than previous expansions, since Scribes now have Treatises and Jewelcrafters now have Vials.

The entire purpose of the work order system is to have Primal Focus (which are BoP) drop in M+ and have it convertible into gear even if that player doesn’t have the relevant profession.

That’s it. That’s what work orders are for. People need to stop reading more into it.

complainers HATE him!!! one crafter’s WEIRD secret to getting unlimited gold!!!

2 Likes

No joke, I went from offering 350g (tree fiddy) commissions as a meme to now only offering 1g because I know people will fulfill my orders due to the fact that there are no crafting orders on my server. My next step is to include a message telling the crafter they should be paying me for the opportunity to fulfill my order. Blizz should implement COD crafting orders where the crafter must pay for the opportunity to craft an item for you. Yep. This system has failed that badly.

I’m on a supposedly full server btw.

2 Likes

Regardless of everything else, this is a major point.
It. Feels. Terrible.

And the people who were in the beta took note of what was broken and gamed the hockeysticks out of it.

You can’t back that up with anything since the system allows for orders on anything and everything.

Even discounting that…certain professions need to get skill ups from orders after a certain point because you, personally, can’t provide the raw materials to continue to craft them…much less actually have the materials in the first place to craft them at all.

i.e. my mail pieces require materials I’ll never have unless I buy tokens to get. So, if I want to use them for points, someone has to put in a CO. Since they’re the only things that give me points…no CO, no points, no progress.

Unless we go back to the token(s) and buy recipes off the AH.

I could care less about 16 months from now being finally able to progress some more.
Those mail pieces, at their base craft, will be long irrelevant.

That’s not even pulling in the KP spend and time-gated earn. 7 per week. More if you get rare drops. More if you actually find dragon shards (and why are these things only 1 point being such a low drop rate AND epic items?).

I can just about guarantee you the system wasn’t set up for as a sock puppet for M+.

2 Likes

I fill them for alts.

Okay, I’ll just keep sitting here with a completely sound theory that explains everything about how Dragonflight profession works, all while everybody else pulls their hair out screaming “WHY? WHY IS THIS WAY!?!?!?!”

Which is a fine workaround until you get to the upper level stuff with the exotic materials, primal chaos, etc.

I doubt that it was an intended mechanic though.

Eh its the only way I have found to do it. People just ask in trade otherwise.

I’d say its more like the system is too successful. Crafting orders get filled almost instantly. Try placing any crafting order from the buyers side and you’ll see what I mean.

A victim of its own success. All they can do is add more bind-on-pickup items to the professions and make those items even more desirable to have.

Also, the option of having the crafter provide the mats will encourage more people to use the system (you know, laziness and all). But if the crafter provides the mats, the buyer should have to provide the current market price of the the mats for the order. Otherwise, the crafter will have to sit and add up all the prices of the mats to find a fair price, which is tedious and decrease the desire of the crafter to fill these orders.