Impossible battle to win

The pet battle world quest in Dragonflight to beat Enok the Stinky is not possible to beat. I wailed on his weakness with multiple pet combinations, and he kept healing back to full health every 3 turns. Also there are THREE whirlpools going off every 2-3 turns is a 1 shot every time.

2 Likes

Have you tried taking a look at Xu-Fu’s for ideas? Looks like there are 4 strats listed atm.

5 Likes

That Whirlpool X ability is obviously not working the way it’s intended, tooltip and where whirlpools form shows it should hit main and backline pets one time each. Instead it hits main 3 times.

The Unborn Val’kyr and Ikky strategy makes this a piece of cake. I’m sure there are others for players without the Val’kyr.

1 Like

It hasn’t worked since Nazjatar in BfA. Reported it then and when 10.0.7 was on the PTR.

1 Like

Idk what I remembered using but it’s definitely not impossible to win. Not even close.

Here’s the team I used to win:
Unborn Val’kyr: curse of doom, haunt
Infected Squirrel: rabid strike, stampede
Ghastly Rat: ghostly bite

Then Enok died instantly from accumulative damage.

Use the first ability before haunt and it will die the same time ikky does.

1 Like

I’m also having issues with this fight. Not the only one either. I really loved the idea of pet battles when I came back in DF. I’ve collected and leveled soooo many pets and it just isn’t enough even still.

It seems like pet battles are less “for fun” and more of a “do it exactly my way or suffer” sort of side gig. Frankly, I don’t have fun when I play against other players who pay to win with special pets, that’s just complete favoritism on Blizz’s part. I also don’t have fun when I go into a fight with three very strong pets, and still can’t defeat 1 legendary pet because it’s capable of 1 shotting everything in just a few rounds.

Kind of at the point where I’m asking myself, why am I wasting my time with this broken system…

This fight uses the most common combo to win: Unborn Val’kyr + Ikky

If you don’t have those pets, anything with Undead DoTs/Curse of Doom combined with anything that mitigates the boss buff like Flock, Stampede, Rabid Strike, Acidic Goo, and so on will likely win you the fight.

I’m not trying to dunk on your collection, but it doesn’t appear very filled out–even with the recommended top ten or so pets that most people have in their roster.

This system is like any system, you have to spend time with it to understand how things work. I don’t walk into a pvp arena and say the system is broken just because I don’t know how it works. As much as people like to compare it to pokemon, it’s a little more nuanced than that.

Based on your roster, here’s what I’d do for Enok, and I even tested it myself:
Eye of Corruption (x,x,1)
Storm-Touched Stomper (x,x,2)
Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling (2,2,1)

Turn 1: Curse of Doom
Turn 2: Swap to your Storm-Touched Stomper
Turn 3: Stampede
Bring in your Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling
Turn 4: Flyby
Turn 5: Thunderbolt
Turn 6: Explode
Done

4 Likes

And it is STILL broken.

Thanks for the strat… doesn’t change the fact that this fight is broken and Blizz should fix it. And should have fixed it some time ago.

It’s still a broken fight, though.

I’m not sure I understand. It’s definitely winnable, but that still means it’s broken?

As for Whirlpool X, that has been broken since Nazjatar, but its current incarnation is far easier to work around than Whirlpool X hitting each pet…

Alliance can go to Crazy Cat Lady’s hut little way out of Stormwind and buy three lvl 1 uncommon Cornish Rex Cats. Will cost you less than 2g for the 3. They beat Enok easily. Cat lady’s other 3 cats might work but it’s the Cornish that hits hardest.

3 Likes

I just tested it and it’s definitely winnable.

I used the first strategy listed on Xu-Fu:

Team:
Unborn Val’kyr - 2/2/1
Ikky - 1/1/1
Any Random level 25 pet

Turn 1 - Curse of Doom
Turn 2 - Shadow Slash
Turn 3 - Haunt
Bring in Ikky
Turn 4 - Black Claw
Turn 5+ - Flock
Enok dies