Imagine You Wake Up One Day and Find that Blood Elves and Goblins are Now Neutral Races

If I’m not mistaken, that wasn’t actually Alliance. It was Twilight’s Hammer disguised as Alliance trying to pit red and blue teams against each other.

It’s a shame that as of late Sylvanas has so readily taken a torch to the goodwill that allowed her people to even exist.

Alliance desperatlly needs more races that are not human clones, they need Ankoa, Jinyu and Sethrak. Maybe High Elves redone like Nightborne were.

Horde can get Aarrkoa, Hozen, Ogres and Vulpera and be fine!

i like how youre only posting half truths to support yourself here.

blood elves ARE high elves. it was a rename.

ive unlocked void elves actually. this isnt what happens. they got kicked out for playing with forbidden magic (kinda like what the night elves did to the blood elves originally). it was some heretics who went too far into the unknown to try and have access to a new type of power, and it altered their bodies. alleria did the same thing, except she has some ability to control it. thats why they followed her, because she told them “let me train you, ill teach you to control it”.

why do we need a 3rd goblin cartel in the game?

reznik: " but the pay is good and he can honestly say he is respected". justb ecause some random goblin is in the alliance doesnt mean he represents the whole. grizzek is jsut dating a gnome, hes not part of the alliance. gazlowe is jsut doing whats right, as he always has.

we have neutral faction goblins. they have 4 cities actually. the horde goblins were given a home because the alliance attacked theirs. you share something in common with the story team though, you both think “if we harass and kill them, they wont want to join the enemy” is a legit strat for recruiting.

Blood Elves? GAWD NO. Keep them. Please. All yours.

Already have them. Just non playable.

There are plenty other Cartels or non-cartel goblins out there. No need for the specific group of Goblins that joined the Horde.

I see no issue with this one. In fact I agree there should be playable Ogres on the Horde.

No. Dragons are and should forever remain neutral. They belong to Azeroth.

Wrong.

Everything but the Ogre part feels wrong. The idea of Blood Elves on Alliance specially so.

The biggest problem I see in that is Dragonkin is just about the very definition of neutral that I can think of. They’re sort of the observing-from-30,000-feet race of the game and pick and choose what battles to get into for their own edification more than anything else. In short, not only do they not fit the Horde, but as Horde I’m not sure you want to have to trust them as an ally.

I think if you made them neutral and instead picked up Vulpera it would be a better fit.

Also, as Alliance, given the choice I would take Ethereals as a neutral race rather than uncoupling the Goblins from the Horde. That would give both factions access to a profit-over-all race.

As for Blood Elves, I would rather see traditional High Elves playable (not looking to start that argument again – read Matthew Rossi’s column for Blizzard Watch a couple of weeks back on the subject) than to try to uncouple the Blood Elf race from the Horde. We’ve about gotten to the point anyway with elves in general where we can sort of retcon anything we want into existence and assign it Red or Blue as we fancy.

I dream of the day we get to play Ethereals (which shall sadly never come).

I’m sure Void Elves could furhter link us to them if Blizzard wanted to make them playable…ah well…

Ethereals would be cool, but those customization options would be virtually nonexistent.

1 Like

Goblins helped sylvanas blight darkshore.

I dont want them in the alliance.

#notallgoblins

I said this in another thread, but I think Alliance should get access to the high elves as a playable race. The story could be something like high the high elf population was low, especially after the blood elves left, but it’s slowly recovering, and you’re a young high elf ready to venture into the world.

Horde can get the Draenor Draenei as a counterpart. I would prefer if Geyarah goes back to Draenor to confront Yrel and/or bring Yrel over from the influence of the naaru, but the story could be also that some Draenei doesn’t proscribe to the lightbound philosophy, so they’re retreating to the Horde.

And lore-wise, I don’t think goblins should ever go fight for the Alliance - they should remain neutral or at least leaning a bit to the horde side. Think about it - if you put gnomes and goblins together, you don’t need Sylvanas; no Alliance city would be safe from getting blown up to smithereens.

There’s this one goblin-gnome couple in the game I’m eyeing with suspicion, and since they live in Boralus, I don’t think that place would be safe by the end of the expansion, especially if they start breeding gnome/goblin hybrids.

Draenor draenei are just… draenei. They named the planet after themselves, which is why their names are similar. Also, there’s no chance in hell that any draenei would ever fight for the Horde.

I’m sure they consider each other’s presence to be a moderating influence, not a destructive one. If anything, a goblin would teach a gnome to be more radical in her thinking, and a gnome would teach a goblin the value of restraint.

Gobbos were exclusive to horde in Warcraft 2 if im not mistaken. Also… PLAYABLE NAGA WHEN?!

Yeah, tell me that again when we’re picking up the rubble in Boralus. LOL.

The lightbound / lightbound outcasts might, as their primary connection to this world now would be through the Mag’har orcs if they ever go back. I’ll go through any logic hoops if it means we get Yrel back in some form, even if it’s just her standing around Orgrimmar.