Imagine the world where helms/hoods aren't making your character bald

its why i say we need wow2 take this game in to the next gen

Not really needed

In order for helmets to not cause characters to lose their hair, they would have to create a separate helmet model for every hair style of every race of both genders just to avoid clipping. This is why helmets in many video games cause baldness.

i’m sure there is a workaround exist atleast for hoods. Like cut only parts that are touching hair or something.

It could be an easy edit, but a separate model for each etc would still be needed. That’s why games often don’t have hair with helmets, it’s a lot of extra work.

I’m not saying this is correct, I am just saying I understand the laziness behind the madness.

This is why a lot of hair mods in skyrim are just basically “wigs” if you want to wear something with a hood.

Exactly. Great example.

Eeyup. Cuz if there’s any patient people, it’s people that seriously make high graphic skyrim mods lol.

The Skyrim modding community is probably one of if not the largest one. There is some crazy stuff out there.

Crazy but I respect it.

Sure some of it is. Well. Can’t go into detail. But I can still notice a lot of effort with it. That and it’s just funny to watch a bunch of modders go “FINE ILL FIX THE GRAPHICS MYSELF AND I AINT EVEN GETTING PAID”

It’s all done out of love and I dig it

1 Like

Yeah, there are three types of Skyrim modders I’ve noticed. The ones who wanna make crazy fun stuff, the ones who want to make everything look pretty, and the ones who don’t need to delete their search history because Skyrim doesn’t keep track of that stuff.

Or the people that are really talented with code stuff.

Like the guy that pretty much fixed a good chunk of the AI problems with Aliens Colonial Marines. Turns out a lot of it was one wrong string of code.

Oh the game is still total dog crap but the code fix helped some of the enemies act like they had standards

Or as a comment here explains

“That line of code did not have the purpose of letting enemy AI knowing what they were fighting and how to fight. That code was for the Aliens AI to be “tethered” to their environment and know how to use it in order to flank, evade, and overwhelm the player, but because of the typo, the code was unrecognizable and the aliens would resort to running in a straight line towards the player.”

Yeah, and if there’s one thing Bethesda games are known for, its spaghetti code. It’s basically mandatory to play with the unofficial patch. And even then, physics are still wonky.

God the people that did the unofficial patches for skyrim are benevolent beings. We do not deserve them.

1 Like

It’s kinda a lot of work though, I understand why they haven’t done it. They need to make new models for every single hair that doesn’t clip through the different types of hats and hoods, which is pretty hard.

As a worgen main I was really hoping the update would fix hoods/cowls so they dont go through the neck but I guess I can wait another 15 years for a worgen update.