I'm Spending Bronze to Upgrade

I’m spending bronze to upgrade another character to 476 because I enjoy it, even though it seems the event is winding down.

I know the gear will be gone shortly and I don’t care. I enjoy having a character get stronger, something that’s only for the skilled elite in retail.

Mounts and transmog sets are cool and all, but nothing is like having a character get stronger. Even if it’s very fleeting, it’s worth a lot to me.

I loved Remix and will be very sad to see it go.

11 Likes

I can’t keep up with my rotation at 135% haste.

2 Likes

I got my second guy capped because I just wanted to see how much health my bear could get. 15 million at cap w/ minimal thread gathering.

Thought I was done but then one of my warriors waved his axe and now I am working on him. Probably will be the last one since time is running down and I still have a warlock to level.

2 Likes

Funny you mention that my Disintegrate channeled spell is almost instant now. lol

1 Like

I get it… before i started Remix i was on the fence about what to spend Bronze on… mogs/mounts or gear?

I was about 95% convinced it would be mogs/mounts which are forever and not gear which is fleeting…

But between
A) seeing carriers zip through content and wishing it was me
And
B) seeing just how weak and pathetic a 346 70 is

I now have four 476 toons and a fifth one on the way… i also (thanks to having 476 toons) also have all the mogs and mounts.

Im only playing now using the excuse of hunting for weapon drops, but to be honest i enjoy the power of a 476 toon.

4 Likes

I am working on my third character to go to cap gear with for mog collection.

Oh, who am I fooling. I am doing it because it’s fun!

4 Likes

At first I was going mog/mount route but then I saw how fast it is to get bronze at max item level. Maxing out gear is totally the route to go. I did it in like a week with a few hours played each day. Now I’m like half way through getting all the buy items. Plus I’m doing 1.5 billion aoe in raids and that’s just so nice

1 Like

totally in it for the fun, once I got past the part where you have to actually get into the groups? Easy peasy.

2 Likes

Agreed, Remix made DF worth the extra 10 bucks they charged us this time around. I’ve got a DH in all purple gear, the tusks of mannaroth, and I’m working on a Rogue who’s about 11 upgrades away on all pieces toward being heroic ready.
I’ll miss remix, can’t wait for the next, and I hope there’s another.

4 Likes

The only thing that matters is if you’re having fun doing it or not. If you are having fun, go for it.

I just finished remix today. I levelled and upgraded 2 characters, and bought everything. Bought the last mount today.

2 Likes

I have 3 476s. I get it. It is fun. It doesn’t take that long now that Bronze has been buffed as much as it has. No need to defend yourself to anyone.

I honestly think Remix has exposed the rotten core at the heart of retail: competitive play.

Most people don’t care about Raider IO scores, M+ leaderboards nor PvP ratings. They actually just want to have fun. Remix is and feels fun. It’s fun to work and then be OP.

Retail is just a hamster wheel of sameyness where everything becomes irrelevant at the new season, all because of Rated PvP, M+ and the dumpster fire that is raiding in modern WoW.

4 Likes

I love the fact that everyone can be a demigod just by playing the game.

2 Likes

Was wondering what the cap was. I know when lust and trueshot are going, Im just spamming that aimed shot button and that’s at 103%.

My Mastery is 84% capped and speed 49%. But my other 3 just keep going (crit, haste, vers). Not sure what their max is.

1 Like

Not to burst your bubble but I haven’t purchased an expansion since Cata and (to my surprise) they let me into Remix, despite it being a DF-specific feature.

I am wondering how they are going to reconcile the level when I exit.

I have a ridiculously overpowered mage, a fully upgraded hunter and am now working on a paladin (384/402).

I keep reaching a set goal and then have to come up with another one because I am having too much fun to quit!

Me too!

It’s more than that. The OP-ness doesn’t matter became the mode is just fun. It isn’t competitive in any way. As time goes on, I’m increasingly convinced that competitive WoW has ruined WoW.

3 Likes

There’s a WoWHead article on it, but simply put:

Crit, Haste, Mastery, Vers = 126%
Leech, Avoid, Speed = 49%

Anything over those numbers is wasted stats and should be repurposed with diff gems or gear.

1 Like

Yes! The only person I’m competing with is myself. That gives everyone a lot of room to be chill and to help others. I’ve run into a grump or two, and I’ve been grumpy a time or two myself, but afterwards you realize there’s nothing to stress over.

Yep, most raid comps are 1-2 people carrying for the mogs. A handful of people like to feel “useful” and this isn’t what they’re looking for. Fair enough. Most people are just fine with kind of chill raid. It’s like MC was in Classic. Do you need 40 people? No. So it ends up being a lot more chill.

Retail however you get rejected for not being a meta spec or the raid needing a meta comp or not having a sufficient RaiderIO score or not having an ilvl higher than the content you’re trying to clear (eg Heroic gear for a Normal raid) and so on.

WoW has been made incredibly samey so it’s an even playing field from a competitive perspective.

2 Likes

Oh no, my point with the 10 extra bucks thing is that, Dragonflight was like 49.99 starting, compared to past expansions which were 39.99 beforehand. Remix is free indeed, but I’m saying since it came out during DF, it sort of made it worth it, even if it can still be played free.

1 Like

My mastery would not go above 84%. Any additional gems/threads did not go any higher. Might be hunter only since it includes additional range.

1 Like