I'm sorry for my 49k hp in bgs

He’s just a lonely player looking for attention :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thats how they marketed scaling but the gaps are exponentially worse. The current system of gear would work with templates to get people some free ilvl for doing pvp but it is terrible system of gear for us having minor background scaling.

1 Like

Queue all you want, none of these idiots are paying your sub.

7 Likes

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA…

I love it.

Don’t be. Yeah gear matters but it’s not the only thing that does.

I had a 55k warlock in one of my bg’s today. Little one set up portals that were all used by everyone and did all sorts of warlocky things.
were they top dmg? lol no ( but nor was I haha ), were they still helpful to the team? ABSOLUTELY!

Better gear does not = better player

6 Likes

If you have been even moderately active with your main in Nazjatar you are probably sitting on dozens of prismatic manapearls. You can use those to buy bind on account armor and send it to your alt. When you click on it with your alt it will turn into the armor the alt’s class wears ilvl 385. Each piece is five pearls. Just armor (no rings, trinkets, or weapons), but in a few days you will collect those through world quests.

Except, it “usually” does… better gear and higher skill often go hand-in-hand :thinking:

You need a decent amount of skill, know how to interrupt, know how to do good DPS, know how to use CC, etc to get the good gear in the first place. The gear doesn’t just walk out of the dungeons and fall into your lap :roll_eyes: , actually takes work to get it (especially the BiS items).

In bgs that are total 1-sided stomps I’ll sometimes look up the top players on the leaderboards/DPS charts and, surprise surprise - they are almost always high-geared players.

For every 1 example of a weak/low-geared player doing well in a bg, you can probably find 10 examples of high-geared/skilled players just absolutely wrecking face.

Weak/low-geared players doing well in bgs are most likely a small outlier, easily drowned out by the much more common scenario of high-geared players topping meters on damage, killing blows, etc.

2 Likes

Even when there were vendors people still entered bgs with no gear. I don’t mind personally but don’t complain about gearing if you’re the undergeared. There may not be vendors but there are plenty quick ways to get yourself to a decent ilvl before going into a bg.

8 Likes

You know… getting gear is soooooo easy. I wonder if people just need a little help. My monk is pretty geared for both tank and dps, and I also a geared healer. Do you think people would be into me hosting M+ and bringing people along to help get gear?

I mean, if the only thing holding folks back is opportunity, that’s what community is for!

He isn’t paying ours.

Exactly. People praise vendors as if everyone was just geared each bg. Wasn’t always the case though.

people who can’t figure out how to get at least somewhat near average gear deserve to get farmed in BG’s, I know it’s 2020 but entitlement shouldn’t go that far (although it pretty much went all the way in legion already).

Not 120 yet, but when I get there, thankfully my main is set up to send over some benthic stuff. It’s gonna leave some slots unfilled but it’s something.

Blizz really does need to bring PvP vendors back. I got a shizload of marks of honor sitting in my various characters’ bags gathering dust that are just itching for purpose.

2 Likes

@OP, TBH I don’t care much unless you’re a healer. lol

And if you are a healer, there’s nothing new about geared, craptastic alliance PvEers coming into BGs and not knowing how to play so… maybe no real difference… :upside_down_face:

Guessing he went into a battleground to pvp?

1 Like

I should clarify, I don’t care about what gear people have as long as they try. Unfortunately, my experience of the sub-60k health players has been that they are there expecting to be carried. Some of them I’m pretty sure were bots (in Gilneas and Arathi, they patrol between the first two nodes without actually engaging in combat).

Personally I also don’t know how much PvP they get, unless it’s with the spirit guide. I saw someone with 50k HP in Ashran, with fort and food buff, who was responsible for 20% of the entire team’s deaths. That doesn’t sound fun to me.

I don’t disagree either. I don’t bother stepping into a bg until I’m benthic geared. I guess the original post could just have said pvp vendors would be a good idea and there’d be almost unanimous support.

1 Like

Someone pointed out, and I agree, that pvp vendors wouldn’t really change anything. You still had undergeared people in those days, because they would come to BGs right after dinging. You still had to win enough to get the tokens to buy your gear, which took time. It’s a better system than random drops for sure, but it doesn’t really do much to mitigate people coming into BGs with terrible gear.

1 Like

I wonder if scaling in BG’s is different from WPvP… yesterday I had a 200 k odd mage send a GPie my way which hit me after I dropped the CS totem . He absolutely got wrecked by the mirror effect and from what I saw in the combat log, he was hit for almost the same damage as I was though I had about 100 k health advantage on him …

1 Like

I don’t understand; are you just not going to use your heart of Azeroth or any essences until 9.0? Because you need to open nazjatar to do it (15 mins) which will give you a 370 weapon and 4 benthic pieces for free. You can (and should) pickup your highborne compendium for very cheap off the AH - it’s 400ilvl. Then you could buy a few pieces off the AH that are 350-370 to round out the rest for about 200-500g each and be about 370-380ilvl.

I get what you are trying to say but 49k HP is really saying “carry me” as you just won’t be effective and you take the spot of another healer - the bulk of which are going to be 250k+ health.

Don’t be lazy bro.

4 Likes